Transportation to Courtyard-Plantation

austincici

There are 4 of us staying at the Courtyard in Plantation the night before our cruise. My brother booked the room with points and it advertises an airport shuttle BUT we just found out in doesn't run after 6:09 pm! My mom and I arrive at 6:00, and my brother and his wife at 6:50. We are now trying to figure out the most economical way to get to the hotel. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by austincici

There are 4 of us staying at the Courtyard in Plantation the night before our cruise. My brother booked the room with points and it advertises an airport shuttle BUT we just found out in doesn't run after 6:09 pm! My mom and I arrive at 6:00, and my brother and his wife at 6:50. We are now trying to figure out the most economical way to get to the hotel. Any suggestions?

Do you have any Hilton points?

Just across the street is Hampton Inn-Plantation and not only does their airport shuttle run until around 10:00 PM, but they have a Port Everglades shuttle as well. Plus you get breakfast included at the Hampton, but not at Courtyard. Even if you have to pay for the room at the Hampton, it may not cost any more than your transportation costs since a taxi is going to be about $50 each way. I can't tell you what Uber would be.

Do you have any Hilton points?

Just across the street is Hampton Inn-Plantation and not only does their airport shuttle run until around 10:00 PM, but they have a Port Everglades shuttle as well. Plus you get breakfast included at the Hampton, but not at Courtyard. Even if you have to pay for the room at the Hampton, it may not cost any more than your transportation costs since a taxi is going to be about $50 each way. I can't tell you what Uber would be.

No, he is using Marriott points. And he switched to this because it was less points and had a place I could get wine nearby. That Hampton sure sounds good!

Plantation is way away from the airport and PE so I would take a cab or Uber.

I agree a cab will be in the $50 range. Plantation is the burbs for sure.

I plugged it in a cab estimator. Looks like $35 with tip. But of course that's for two of us in a sedan. Maybe a car service?

UberX is showing estimate of $17-22. Definitely much cheaper than a cab and there's always plenty available with minimal wait, I would go that route. The app should give you a price estimate when you're ready to book in the event theres surge pricing in effect.

Did you call the hotel directly? We just stayed there last week and it was really good and within walking distance to wine as well as a mall, target and restaurants. Service was excellent, I would not hesitate to stay there again.

He did, just today. They told him they couldn't pick us up at the airport after 6:00, because the shuttle stops running at 6:00. [emoji20]

UberX is showing estimate of $17-22. Definitely much cheaper than a cab and there's always plenty available with minimal wait, I would go that route. The app should give you a price estimate when you're ready to book in the event theres surge pricing in effect.

Do you think 4 people and luggage would fit or would we need two?

Edited by austincici

I plugged it in a cab estimator. Looks like $35 with tip. But of course that's for two of us in a sedan. Maybe a car service?

I actually live in Plantation and I know both properties well. $35 for cab fare sounds light to me. I have no doubt you're going to be closer to $50 from inside the airport rather than $35. I'm sure Uber is less, but I don't know how much. You might look into renting a car which will probably be cheaper than roundtrip with either taxi or Uber.

Both hotels are at the intersection of SW 6th and SW 78th on diagonal corners across from each other so the location and distance to Total Wine is pretty much the same.

What about a 24 hour car rental? Alamo has a free shuttle to the cruise port from the rental area at FLL if you rent the car from them. I think one other might too. You would have the car for the evening and drive back to the airport the next morning and then shuttle to the cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I priced a big SUV through Costco. Not too bad! A little nervous about driving there in a tank like that, but it's definitely doable!

Avis, Alamo, Enterprise, Budget, Thrifty and National all have shuttles back to Port Everglades from locations surrounding the port of FLL. You can pick up a vehicle from FLL and drop it at one of the locations close to the port without a drop charge.

Avis, Alamo, Enterprise, Budget, Thrifty and National all have shuttles back to Port Everglades from locations surrounding the port of FLL. You can pick up a vehicle from FLL and drop it at one of the locations close to the port without a drop charge.

Thanks! I will check those all out this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I actually live in Plantation and I know both properties well. $35 for cab fare sounds light to me. I have no doubt you're going to be closer to $50 from inside the airport rather than $35. I'm sure Uber is less, but I don't know how much.

I agree, no way that fare is $35 including tip.

Glad I asked then! There's really no affordable way, then, from all I can see. We're just going to have to prepare to shell out some $$$. Cab fare, car service, rental car, all are very close. I've never used Uber, and did sign up, but we'd kinda like to stay together. May go with a car service. I still need to discuss with the others, though. Really irritating that the hotel has that cut-off time. They never mentioned it when he booked.

Edited by austincici

Glad I asked then! There's really no affordable way, then, from all I can see. We're just going to have to prepare to shell out some $$$. Cab fare, car service, rental car, all are very close. I've never used Uber, and did sign up, but we'd kinda like to stay together. May go with a car service. I still need to discuss with the others, though. Really irritating that the hotel has that cut-off time. They never mentioned it when he booked.

They're early cutoff time has been an issue here before. If you can get a good rate on the Hampton Inn you might consider it with their airport shuttle, port shuttle and breakfast. Once you get to the hotel it's an easy walk to several casual restaurants with outdoor seating.

What is your date you will arrive at FLL?

They're early cutoff time has been an issue here before. If you can get a good rate on the Hampton Inn you might consider it with their airport shuttle, port shuttle and breakfast. Once you get to the hotel it's an easy walk to several casual restaurants with outdoor seating.

What is your date you will arrive at FLL?

I'll be talking to my brother later today, I'll mention that. We arrive on the 26th!

I'll be talking to my brother later today, I'll mention that. We arrive on the 26th!

I just found a one bedroom 700 sf Luxury Penthouse, Ocean View efficiency apartment with a full kitchen at the Gallery One Doubletree (private residence unit) for only $119.40 on Orbitz for November 26. Gallery One is highly recommended here because it is on the Intracoastal with a Water Taxi stop, one block to the beach and next door to the Galleria Mall.

The only catch is their taxes and cleaning fees are $101.94 for a total of $221.34. If you are interested you'll have to make a quick decision because this won't last very long. We may be talking minutes.

https://www.orbitz.com/Fort-Lauderdale-Hotels-Private-Residences-At-Gallery-One.h11945335.Hotel-Information?chkin=11%2F26%2F2016&chkout=11%2F27%2F2016&rm1=a1&hwrqCacheKey=89172b52-761b-44b1-8ca3-434a57f8191cHWRQ1479496488213&c=43a2116d-db47-4a4f-ad8d-a8b817a1bb49&&exp_dp=119.4&exp_ts=1479496498408&exp_curr=USD&exp_pg=HSR