MCO to Port Canaveral

Anywhere

I'm starting to have second thoughts about traveling from Orlando airport to a Canaveral hotel the day before boarding Oasis. There will be 6 of us, with luggage and a wheelchair. I got to thinking...it will be a shuttle from the airport to hotel, then another shuttle from the hotel to the ship on boarding day. I wonder it it would be easier to stay at a hotel near Orlando airport the night before boarding, then take a shuttle from the airport directly to the ship on boarding day. Has anyone experienced this option? Thanks for any help.

Sandy

We struggled with the same question for upcoming cruise. In the end, we let cost be the deciding factor. For us it was cheaper to spend the night at a hotel at the airport and then use a shuttle for transportation to the port and then back to the airport afterwards. the hotel had a free shuttle from the airport. And the cruise shuttle will pick us up at the hotel to bring us to the port. then they will pick us up after the cruise and return us to the airport. It was $40/pp for a round-trip shuttle.

We struggled with the same question for upcoming cruise. In the end, we let cost be the deciding factor. For us it was cheaper to spend the night at a hotel at the airport and then use a shuttle for transportation to the port and then back to the airport afterwards. the hotel had a free shuttle from the airport. And the cruise shuttle will pick us up at the hotel to bring us to the port. then they will pick us up after the cruise and return us to the airport. It was $40/pp for a round-trip shuttle.

That sounds perfect. Thanks for the quick reply. Now to look into airport hotels. Have you checked them out yet? Any suggestions?

Sandy

Your plan is exactly what we did in Oct. Stayed at the Ramada Suites just north of MCO and took Cortrans shuttle to the ship the next morning. It worked perfectly for us.

There were only two of us and no wheelchair so you might want contact the shuttle company you choose ahead of your time to make sure they can accommodate this for you.

Our party of 8 stayed at Homewood Suites on Gateway Village Circle, which is a few miles north of Orlando airport. This hotel was very nice and reasonably priced.There is a free airport shuttle and hot breakfast buffet included. There are several restaurants (IHOP, Long Horn Steakhouse, etc.), within walking distance to the hotel, with sidewalks that are easy to navigate with a wheelchair.

We used Happy Hour Shuttle, which is based out of Cape Canaveral and were happy with their service. We paid $110.00 (one way, plus gratuity) for a private van for 8.

http://www.happyhourshuttle.com

Edited by marys350

I too would let price be the deciding factor. I don't really understand your concern - either way you have 2 trips in a shuttle. You have to get from airport to hotel (Orlando or Port Canaveral). And shuttle in the morning from either hotel to ship.

Maybe I'd also look at the time your flight gets into MCO also. Wouldn't want to add to a late flight arrival with a longer trip to a hotel near port, morning might be better. But if plenty of time, I'd rather be near the port so we could have very easy morning before starting a cruise.

Either way you have 2 shuttle trips.

Howdy neighbor!

Lots of hotels near MCO with shuttles and nearby dining options. Budget? :confused:

With 6 plus bags you might consider private transport - talk to Michael at Executive VIP

Thanks neighbor! Our budget is moderate, not the cheapest, nor the most expensive. Don't mind paying a little more for a really nice hotel experience. Nearby dining within walking distance is also a plus. Appreciate the tip about Executive VIP, sounds like the way to go.

Sandy

Our party of 8 stayed at Homewood Suites on Gateway Village Circle, which is a few miles north of Orlando airport. This hotel was very nice and reasonably priced.There is a free airport shuttle and hot breakfast buffet included. There are several restaurants (IHOP, Long Horn Steakhouse, etc.), within walking distance to the hotel, with sidewalks that are easy to navigate with a wheelchair.

We used Happy Hour Shuttle, which is based out of Cape Canaveral and were happy with their service. We paid $110.00 (one way, plus gratuity) for a private van for 8.

http://www.happyhourshuttle.com

Thanks for the info. I had booked Homewood Suites in Cape Canaveral, so the Homewood you mentioned sounds like a good choice for us. Especially like the easy walking to restaurants.

Will definitely look into Happy Hour Shuttle. What's not to like about "happy hour?"

Sandy

I too would let price be the deciding factor. I don't really understand your concern - either way you have 2 trips in a shuttle. You have to get from airport to hotel (Orlando or Port Canaveral). And shuttle in the morning from either hotel to ship.

Maybe I'd also look at the time your flight gets into MCO also. Wouldn't want to add to a late flight arrival with a longer trip to a hotel near port, morning might be better. But if plenty of time, I'd rather be near the port so we could have very easy morning before starting a cruise.

Either way you have 2 shuttle trips.

Hmmmm. Thanks, you've definitely got a point about flight arrival time. Our cruise isn't until July 2017, so haven't booked flight yet. Waiting for a good price. There is definitely an advantage for getting the longer trip out of the way the day before. Decisions, decisions.....

Sandy

We will be on the Epic soon.

Our flight home will be 1:30 out of MCO. Airline just changed it yesterday.

Never sailed from Port Canaveral. Assume that's a make-able time without rushing?

Getting shuttle at 10am a good time to avoid craziness at Port and highway (if any) leading to MCO?

Grazie

We will be on the Epic soon.

Our flight home will be 1:30 out of MCO. Airline just changed it yesterday.

Never sailed from Port Canaveral. Assume that's a make-able time without rushing?

Getting shuttle at 10am a good time to avoid craziness at Port and highway (if any) leading to MCO?

Grazie

Sounds perfect - the drive from PC to MCO takes about an hour, putting you at the airport for check in at about 11 - plenty of time to get through TSA (often chaos at MCO) and grab lunch before your flight.

We do a hotel with free shuttle to the hotel. Then in the am use a shuttle service to the port. It was $15 or $18 pp one way. A few hotels weve stayed at have a shuttle to the pier but their rates vary. There are alot of choices no doubt

We've just done this - booking at Embassy Suites. We like them because of the separate bedroom and sleep sofa, plus they have a nice reception in the evening and a large hot cooked breakfast buffet (both included).

We're going to take their shuttle from the airport but haven't confirmed the shuttle to the port.

Thinking of using goportcanaveral, but a lot of their reviews are negative.

What shuttle service are you reserving for $15-$18pp?

Cortrans shuttle is who we used last year. They are now $20 , sorry i wasnt aware they have raised their rates. But if you look on tripadvisor you can see all the high reviews. Our driver was right on time and super friendly. I think if you can get a small group together you can get a discount

Cortrans shuttle is who we used last year. They are now $20 , sorry i wasnt aware they have raised their rates. But if you look on tripadvisor you can see all the high reviews. Our driver was right on time and super friendly. I think if you can get a small group together you can get a discount

Yes. Thank you.! We just booked with them. I appreciate that they pick you up from the hotel, not having to shuttle back to the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. Thank you.! We just booked with them. I appreciate that they pick you up from the hotel, not having to shuttle back to the airport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thats why we picked them too. Jaime the owner is super friendly and returns emails quickly. They even called the night before to confirm and payment isnt due until they pick you up.

While certainly not budget friendly, especially for 6 people, the Hyatt Regency is located IN the airport, so no shuttle necessary. They also offer a

for fee luggage service where they will pick up your luggage at baggage claim and deliver to your room.

Again, not usually budget friendly but the convenience can't be beat.