Epic 3 day sailing

bradleyk

Hi, I sailed a 3 night cruise on the epic about 3 years ago in the med, it was great! Really good party atmosphere as lots of younger people onboard. So good that I book a week solo cruise on the same ship later! Is it Caribbean or med? I noticed there was a 3 night cruise next April from Barcelona

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In order to start embarking passengers in Civitavecchia, they have to offer a short one-way cruise from Barcelona to Civitavecchia right after the eastbound TA (and another one at the end of the season, from Civitavecchia to Barcelona, right before the westbound TA).

Most people on board will actually be staying for a whole week back to Barcelona (like 75% of the passengers, if they do things as in previous years). And many of the passengers who are booked for the 3-day will actually be staying on for another 7-day round trip out of Civitavecchia, back-to-back. In other words, relatively few guests are planning to be on board for only 3 days. So I wouldn't expect the whole ship to have the sort of party atmosphere that you find (apparently) on the Sky, for example. But if you're looking to party, you are sure to find like-minded folks on board. :)

In order to start embarking passengers in Civitavecchia, they have to offer a short one-way cruise from Barcelona to Civitavecchia right after the eastbound TA (and another one at the end of the season, from Civitavecchia to Barcelona, right before the westbound TA).

Most people on board will actually be staying for a whole week back to Barcelona (like 75% of the passengers, if they do things as in previous years). And many of the passengers who are booked for the 3-day will actually be staying on for another 7-day round trip out of Civitavecchia, back-to-back. In other words, relatively few guests are planning to be on board for only 3 days. So I wouldn't expect the whole ship to have the sort of party atmosphere that you find (apparently) on the Sky, for example. But if you're looking to party, you are sure to find like-minded folks on board. :)

Never mind

Has anyone sailed a short cruise on the Epic? How was it? This will be my first solo cruise.

Is it a true 3-day cruise or a segment of a longer cruise?

The challenge is that the mega ships are setup for 7-day cruises.

For example, on a 3-day cruise, you can do each of the major theater shows on one night. A total of 1600 seats for 4200 passengers. Only about 1/2 the passengers would get to see each of the shows.

Specialty restaurants would be equally over-crowded on a short cruise.

Do as much as you can as fast as you can.

Enjoy! We've been on the Epic 5 times and she is a great ship!

The sailing I booked is March 8th, 2017 Bahamas cruise out of Port Canaveral.

My trip was a Barcelona round trip, but I'm sure yours will be just as great. If not better seeing as it's Bahamas! If you want to meet other solo's I'm sure they will still do the solo meet up at 6pm in the solo lounge too. It will be a great time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it a true 3-day cruise or a segment of a longer cruise?
For some reason there is one week in March 2017 where instead of doing the usual 7-day itinerary, they're doing two short round-trips, a 4-day (to Nassau and GSC) and a 3-day (just to GSC). I agree with you that the Epic is not suited for such short cruises, but it looks like maybe they want to test it out.

Personally, I think even 7 days on the Epic is a bit too short, so a b2b with either the preceding or the following 7-day would be just about perfect… plus it would double your chances of actually going to GSC :p

Personally, I think even 7 days on the Epic is a bit too short, so a b2b with either the preceding or the following 7-day would be just about perfect… plus it would double your chances of actually going to GSC :p

How often does NCL usually miss GSC? My husband and I have been trying to figure out what kind of cruise we want to go on. I don't get paid for vacation so we thought this 3 day vacation would be a nice little break without hurting too much.

How often does NCL usually miss GSC? My husband and I have been trying to figure out what kind of cruise we want to go on. I don't get paid for vacation so we thought this 3 day vacation would be a nice little break without hurting too much.

Even if we miss the port due to sea conditions, this cruise is perfect for a short getaway from my perspective. Warm weather, a beautiful ship. All I plan on doing anyway is relaxing in the sun with a few drinks. What could be better :)

If they have to skip GSC, I think they will make every effort to stop in Nassau or Freeport, otherwise they will be guilty of several thousand violations (of the PVSA and of crew work visa restrictions) when they return to Port Canaveral. Maybe they could argue their way out of it, but it might just be easier to stop in Nassau for a few hours.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Even if we miss the port due to sea conditions, this cruise is perfect for a short getaway from my perspective. Warm weather, a beautiful ship. All I plan on doing anyway is relaxing in the sun with a few drinks. What could be better :)

That is true, that's what my husband and I plan to do. Just to be away from work is going to be awesome.

I figured we would have to stop somewhere since I know they have made it law they can't cruise to nowhere, but I'd be happy whatever the outcome!