Which Celebrity ships have good matresses

Normandie-BCN

I realize that, according to post attached to some threads, some Celebrity ships have bad or awful matresses.

I have experience from the Millennium last August. Some post say that Constellation has also awful matresses eventhough is quite new. Century matresses are not in better condition... so I would like to know which are the Celebrity ships which deserve a good rest at night.

Next August I reserved on the Constellation and I am prepared to suffer again from matresses in poor condition as in the Millennnium. Is the Celebrity fate...

i guess it can also be a matter of personal taste but i have been on the Infinity, the Summit and the Connie and have loved the mattresses. To my huge relief !I have had 2 back surgeries and i need a firm mattress that doesnt sag or i will be in pain and so far they have been excellent- firm, yet with a little give. Hope you have a bed you like on the next cruise. I know it can be uncomfortable.

Normandie-BCN,

What was it about your mattress on the Millennium that you didn't like? Was it too soft or too firm? Did the mattress sag? Was it lumpy? Some other reason? I've also seen the posts about bad mattresses but the comments are always general without any specifics. Thanks.

I've sailed Millineum 4 times, Constellation once and Mercury once and have found all the beds very comfortable. It has amazed me that the even the seperation of the two beds is barely noticable.

I do prefer my bed on the firm side and have never experienced a lumpy or sagging bed.

The mattresses of the Millennium are good but deformed.

If beds are configurate as a king bed, there is a hole in the middle but, if you separate both beds then the hole is in the inside side of the bed and you have the trend to fall from it. I never saw that in any hotel in the last 20 years in Europe; I have that problems in Rwanda and Tanzania but not in Europe.

With a lot of towels and patience you can compensate the deformations, only to some extent. Next August I plann to carry on a air matress, just in case.

Last August I thougth about an air matress just the last day... Next August I will verify matresses on the first day and then...

Archived