Regal Princess boarding time?

Sunchaser46

Sorry, Dawnypoo, you're right. I was a little teeny tiny bit annoyed so cut corners in my post.

They said 'Yes, the boarding times are enforced'.

Further, they said 'Priority only means that in the group scheduled to arrive at 2 you have priority for that group, but you won't be allowed to board earlier than 2 even if you have priority (either Suite or Elite--we have both).

IE. No, there really isn't 'Priority' boarding anymore.

I'm sure glad the CC posters generally know more than the Princess call center staff... ;) Or I'll hope that the rules don't apply as pablo222 suggests...

Hope you're all correct.

You were told total nonsense. I'll bet a box of donuts you will be one of the first to board. No worries. :D

We were just off the Regal yesterday after an 11 day cruise. Our first as elite, but it was also our worst embarkation experience in 15 cruises with Princess.

We got to the port around 10:30am and the line was all the way down the length of the building. The worst part was there was no delineation between those with priority boarding and those without. The actual lines they had from the doors only extended back about 30 feet.

And none of the employees seemed interested in helping, just told everyone to get against the wall. It was very disorganized.

I think I'm going to start going around 1pm, my understanding from folks on our cruise was the later you wait, the quicker you just walk right on.

Edit: Ignore the boarding time on your form if you want to. They don't use that at all.

Edited by kywildcatfanone
Additional information

We were just off the Regal yesterday after an 11 day cruise. Our first as elite, but it was also our worst embarkation experience in 15 cruises with Princess.

We got to the port around 10:30am and the line was all the way down the length of the building. The worst part was there was no delineation between those with priority boarding and those without. The actual lines they had from the doors only extended back about 30 feet.

And none of the employees seemed interested in helping, just told everyone to get against the wall. It was very disorganized.

I think I'm going to start going around 1pm, my understanding from folks on our cruise was the later you wait, the quicker you just walk right on.

Edit: Ignore the boarding time on your form if you want to. They don't use that at all.

That is messed up, because at Terminal 2 they had an overhead sign which stated priority back in April. On that cruise it was the opposite situation, when we arrived by shuttle around 12:30, the line stretched the length of the building. It looked chaotic. We asked someone where the priority line was and they waved us in the right direction.

Others with non priority boarding later informed us that they had waited in line for a couple hours, and apparently boarding didn't commence until noon on that day. Sounds like you just arrived too early, and the combination of not enough customs agents to process the debarking passengers from the previous cruise made for a very challenging embarkation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

Not our experience.

Just off the Regal this month. It was the best, most efficient embarkation process we've ever had with Princess. :)

FWIW, we are only Ruby, if that matters.

On embarkation day we arrived at the Port Everglades Cruise Port Princess terminal at 10:30 am. After dropping off our luggage with the luggage porters, we were directed by a very helpful Princess CSR to the clearly identified (with prominent signage), Priority Boarding line. It took all of 20 minutes from line, to getting our cruise card, to boarding Regal. After dropping off our carry on luggage in our stateroom, we were having pizza and pasta at Alfredo's. It took longer to get a table at Alfredo's than going through the embarkation process. ;)

Enjoy your cruise. We did.

Edited by Kingofcool1947