Exotic Adventures Tour not so good, very bad!

JTBCruiser

We did a snorkeling shore excursion through Exotic Adventures in Belize and it was a huge disappointment. I thoroughly research excursions before booking one and saw great reviews on both Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor on this company but this one fell way short. We usually do 1-2 snorkeling excursions every cruise and this was the worst ever. Cost was $70 per person and it seemed reasonable based on what we've paid before. There was a total of 8 people plus 2 crew members. The boat was very small, in fact it maxed out at 10. I'm kicking myself for even going out on it. It was not safe. It took over 1 hour to get to the snorkel site, most of the trip, no land in sight, very unsettling. No safety over view at all and in fact not sure we even had enough life vests on board. No cover from the sun. None of the boat's gauges worked, the access door covering the battery and ignition area freely swung open. The single outboard motor made numerous sputtering sounds as it was ready to outright quit coupled with smoke at times as he ran this thing wide open the whole way in and out. The pilot of the boat sat on an ice cooler that kept shifting due to the heavy waves. When we got to the 1st snorkel sight, the boat pilot cut up fish to use to lure other fish to come to the boat then he proceeded to use the same knife to cut up fruit for us to eat on the boat. This was the snorkel trip to swim with the sharks and visit the reef. Worst snorkel trip ever.

We did a snorkeling shore excursion through Exotic Adventures in Belize and it was a huge disappointment. I thoroughly research excursions before booking one and saw great reviews on both Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor on this company but this one fell way short. We usually do 1-2 snorkeling excursions every cruise and this was the worst ever. Cost was $70 per person and it seemed reasonable based on what we've paid before. There was a total of 8 people plus 2 crew members. The boat was very small, in fact it maxed out at 10. I'm kicking myself for even going out on it. It was not safe. It took over 1 hour to get to the snorkel site, most of the trip, no land in sight, very unsettling. No safety over view at all and in fact not sure we even had enough life vests on board. No cover from the sun. None of the boat's gauges worked, the access door covering the battery and ignition area freely swung open. The single outboard motor made numerous sputtering sounds as it was ready to outright quit coupled with smoke at times as he ran this thing wide open the whole way in and out. The pilot of the boat sat on an ice cooler that kept shifting due to the heavy waves. When we got to the 1st snorkel sight, the boat pilot cut up fish to use to lure other fish to come to the boat then he proceeded to use the same knife to cut up fruit for us to eat on the boat. This was the snorkel trip to swim with the sharks and visit the reef. Worst snorkel trip ever.

I would write a review on both sites and give very bad rating and explain why.