Dining package

jancl57

I have a question about the dining package. For $81.40 pp we can purchase specialty dining for 3 nights. It says it includes Cagney's steakhouse... but under the Q&A it says: No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

So does this mean when we go to Cagney's we have to pay an additional amount for our entree or just specific entrees? A bit confusing.

Thanks!

I have a question about the dining package. For $81.40 pp we can purchase specialty dining for 3 nights. It says it includes Cagney's steakhouse... but under the Q&A it says: No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

So does this mean when we go to Cagney's we have to pay an additional amount for our entree or just specific entrees? A bit confusing.

Thanks!

Specific entrees only but I can tell you the filet mignon is included as was the 32oz porterhouse which is as big as the plate.

Thanks!

Just a case of poor wording for NCL. They mean that if you choose TWO main entrees at Cagneys, you'll be charged for one of them. With a package, you get one main and unlimited appetizers, sides and desserts at no additional charge.

There are entrees at Le Bistro and Cagney's that are an additional upcharge over and above the SDP. I believe those are what the poorly written verbiage is about.

punkincc is also correct that ordering more than one entree will incur an additional charge.

Thanks! So it wasn't just me... it is confusing. Another question... if I didn't choose a dining package, what is the up charge at Cagney's?

Trying to figure out if it is worth buying the package or just making reservations at 3 different restaurants when we board.

Thanks! So it wasn't just me... it is confusing. Another question... if I didn't choose a dining package, what is the up charge at Cagney's?

Trying to figure out if it is worth buying the package or just making reservations at 3 different restaurants when we board.

Cagney's is a la cart, so you would pay for what you order if you don't have a package. If you have a package, it's reported you can order as many appetizers, sides, and desserts as you'd like and one entree. I've only ever ordered on app and one dessert, so don't have personal experience. If you do a search for Cagney's menu you should find it posted (or go to beyond ships website--it usually had the menus) and you'll see the prices. Generally speaking, you'll save a little bit with a package over paying a la cart or the flat charge at some restaurants (Moderno and Teppanyaki).

There are entrees at Le Bistro and Cagney's that are an additional upcharge over and above the SDP.
No, there are not. As jancl57 quoted in the first post: "all items listed on the menus are included in the package".

There is no problem at Cagney's. You can order absolutely any entrée on the menu, and it will be fully included in the SDP.

There is a Côte de Bœuf for 2 at Le Bistro that would incur an extra charge if ordered by one person, because it counts as two entrées. If two people order it, it is fully covered by the SDP.

All menu items at both restaurants are fully included in the package.

I apologize if I gave incorrect information. I've seen on the menus there's an additional charge for a couple items (like fruits de mer) which weren't of interest to me, but I must have misread it or didn't realize with SDP that wasn't a factor. Now they've gone a la cart it probably isn't even on the menu anymore. Didn't mean to cause any confusion.

I've seen on the menus there's an additional charge for a couple items (like fruits de mer) which weren't of interest to me, but I must have misread it or didn't realize with SDP that wasn't a factor.
That was back before à la carte pricing. There were a couple of "premium selections" on the menu that incurred an extra charge on top of the cover charge for the meal (but people using a dining package could order them for no additional charge back then, too). Nowadays, every item on the menu is listed with a charge, but if you use the SDP, you can ignore all the prices. :)

That was back before à la carte pricing. There were a couple of "premium selections" on the menu that incurred an extra charge on top of the cover charge for the meal (but people using a dining package could order them for no additional charge back then, too). Nowadays, every item on the menu is listed with a charge, but if you use the SDP, you can ignore all the prices. :)

Thanks for clarifying. I don't typically answer questions unless I'm sure of my answer. :o Of course, this is an example of being sure but also being wrong. :p

thanks for this info. a 2nd filet for 10 is a steal indeed
I don't believe it's $10 anymore. I think they charge you full price for the second entrée, but I haven't experienced that first-hand. (We used to order an extra lobster to share, back when it was $10, and back when there was lobster… :rolleyes:)