Post POM cruise suggestions for until 8pm FLL flight

overama

So, I have booked a 4-day Norwegian Pearl cruise out of MIA. We return to port on Sunday 1/29, and our return flight (most likely from FLL, but possibly MIA; this has not been booked yet) will most likely not be until around 8pm. Does anyone have any suggestions of things we could possibly do during the day on Sunday?

Only thing I have no interest in is renting a car.

I have seen some info about a place in South Beach that would store our luggage during the day if we decided to stay in the Miami area.

I probably would prefer to find some place closer to FLL, such a day pass to a hotel or resort.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Here's a link to the Luggage lounge, where you can store your bags in South Beach: http://sobevee.wixsite.com/luggageloungemiami

There is also luggage storage available at FLL. You could shuttle to FLL (about $15 per person), store your bags, and then you are free until about 6:00 -- beach, lunch, shopping, etc.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist info.

http://www.between9and5.com is one source to check for hotels offering day pass rates.

Edited by JohninDC

We are in the same situation. Our port is Miami, but we are flying home from FLL at 8pm. I investigated a lot of options, but my hubby is reluctant to spend extra money on a hotel day pass. One is the Roadway Inn in Ft Lauderdale. They will give you a room, use of pool, and restaurant. They also have a free shuttle to airport when you are ready. There are also more expensive hotels on the beach that offer day passes. Just call a few to inquire. We ended up booking a post cruise excursion that will take us to FLL after. If still too early, we can store bags at FLL and take free shuttle to the shopping area. You can also book the Sun Trolley to get around Ft Lauderdale. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thinking about the $59.99 day pass to Rodeway Inn near FLL. Would give us the basics - room for the day to store our luggage, and then we can just Uber to where ever we want to go. Nice and close to FLL so we're not rushing around later in the day. The fact that it is "just" a Rodeway Inn doesn't bother me so much since I don't plan on sleeping there.

Thinking about the $59.99 day pass to Rodeway Inn near FLL. Would give us the basics - room for the day to store our luggage, and then we can just Uber to where ever we want to go. Nice and close to FLL so we're not rushing around later in the day. The fact that it is "just" a Rodeway Inn doesn't bother me so much since I don't plan on sleeping there.

Good choice! That is what I wanted to do, but the hubby won that argument! Lol!

Cruise lines offer a variety of post cruise tours - see Miami Beach/South Beach, homes of the stars, hop on/off, etc.; luggage goes under the bus and they tend to drop you at the airport about 1:00 or so. Not sure any of these would help you with an 8:00PM flight.

Edited by JohninDC

Cruise lines offer a variety of post cruise tours - see Miami Beach/South Beach, homes of the stars, hop on/off, etc.; luggage goes under the bus and they tend to drop you at the airport about 1:00 or so. Not sure any of these would help you with an 8:00PM flight.

Yeah, didn't really see anything on the NCL site that grabbed my attention, plus I still knew we would get to the airport too early. We will most likely just book the day pass to get us back to the FLL area, and give us more freedom to do what we want that day