Flight ? Allure of the Seas

Pam9210

My family will be on the Allure of the Seas in May. How early would you book a flight home? Am I crazy for thinking we could take the 11:25 flight??? How early will they let you leave the ship?

Thanks!

Edited by Pam9210

My family will be on the Allure of the Seas in May. How early would you book a flight home? Am I crazy for thinking we could take the 11:25 flight??? How early will they let you leave the ship?

Thanks!

If you carry your own bags, you can be at the airport before 8am. I would not have a problem with an 11:25am flight coming off Allure.

Last March, and many Marchs before, my family of 4 had many flights out of FLL in the 10:30-11:30 time frame. We don't like to carry our bags (we don't pack light 😎) so we just ask for group 1 or 2, leave as scheduled around 8, grab our bags in the terminal, waltz through customs, grab a cab or uber, and wind up staring at each other at the gate by like 9/9:30. A ship or customs delay could mess that up, but hasn't happened in 20 or so cruises. You should be fine.

We did self disembark and carried our own bags off. We were at FLL by 7am. You should have no issues making that flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know this is OT however do you remember if you exited with your bags from Deck 4 without needing to go down stairs like it is on the Liberty, etc.

Thank you.

Kathy

We just sailed her last month and I think that will be fine 99% of the time. I would try to get a flight that works with luggage valet if you can. It makes it so much easier getting off the ship.

Don't count on ship shuttle as we sat for 45 min waiting for it to fill.

Thanks!

You will be there with hours to kill.

Thanks!

You will be fine with your scheduled flight.

Just don't do what we did one year and get to the airport more than 2 hours ahead of your flight because Southwest would not let us check our baggage that early. We had to sit in the lobby waiting until it was exactly 2 hours before our flight and then the lady checked us in. Obviously, that airport is not set up for the number of passengers that go through it. They really need to expand the airport. From then on, we used Luggage Valet.