precruise hotel

xtrail

If you look on the Florida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

You will see MANY discussions on the Hilton.

Not sure why if you see a variety of reviews, why you would expect to see something different here. It is all personal opinion. Some will love it, some will hate it, most will probably be in the middle.

Best place for reviews is usually TripAdvisor.com. I like their system of vetting posts to weed out spamming as well as rating reviewers. I always toss out the reviews from people with few posts or few reviews but take more seriously reviewers with lots of reviews and widely traveled and especially higher rated reviewers.

Stayed at the Marina once a long time ago for a software conference. Had no problems with it back then but too long ago to count. Really liked the location though with lots of interesting boat traffic on the Intercoastal.

Fort Laduerdale ,anyone stayed at hilton marina , you see so many conflicting reviews , looking to stay one night befor the cruise on Jan 7:)

We stayed there prior to our Panama Canal Cruise in 2014. Good location. Walk to stores, restaurants. Nice hotel.

We stayed there several years ago, and I thought it was bad. The location is very good, but parts of our room were very dusty (1/8 inch or more) and we had lights out that were not replaced, even though we asked. The rest of the room was generally dirty and dingy. I stay with that chain often, and this was my worst Hilton experience. Two more couples stayed at the same time, and had similarly bad experiences. The staff didn't seem to care.

That said, time has passed and they might have gotten their act together. I second the poster who recommended current online reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed there several years ago, and I thought it was bad. The location is very good, but parts of our room were very dusty (1/8 inch or more) and we had lights out that were not replaced, even though we asked. The rest of the room was generally dirty and dingy. I stay with that chain often, and this was my worst Hilton experience. Two more couples stayed at the same time, and had similarly bad experiences. The staff didn't seem to care.

That said, time has passed and they might have gotten their act together. I second the poster who recommended current online reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd had heard many bad reports so I was nervous to stay there. I'm quite fussy about where I stay and I was pleased. I'm happy that I didn't experience what you describe.

We stayed there one post-cruise. Horrible service from front desk. Impossible to get the same answer twice. Kept us waiting from hour to hour with different excuses each time , even contradicting themselves telling us that it was impossible another staffer had said that. Room with funny bed base, perfect toe bumper, ouch.