Disembarkation Day

CruiseLovininIL

How early can you get off the ship on disembarking day? Ship arrived in port for the final day of cruise at 5am. We want to schedule a tour. So just wondering on how early we can get off

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which port are disembarking from? That can make a difference.

The scheduled arrival time is not the determining factor - how early Customs & Immigration clear the ship will set the disembarkation in motion. I would say between 7 and 8 am - if you walk off will ALL of your luggage.

The scheduled arrival time is not the determining factor - how early Customs & Immigration clear the ship will set the disembarkation in motion. I would say between 7 and 8 am - if you walk off will ALL of your luggage.

The scheduled arrive time is not the determining factor "TRUE+++++"

The ship can arrive early or late but until C & I people clear the ship nobody gets OFF !

Then the NCL Priority disembarking takes place:

1) Guests with "Priority" and those with assisted mobility issues taking their walk-off luggage with them.

2) Guests taking their walk-off luggage with other arranged transportation.

3A) Guests taking arranged NCL transportation by COLOR or NUMBERed Group - luggage is gathered off ship for claiming.

3B) Guests taking self made arrangements claiming luggage off ship by colors or numbered group

NOTE 3A and 3B may be mixed or order switched depending on port and NCL operations.

Object is to have all cruise guests disembarked within a -4- hour window - during that time the crew is cleaning and making ready for the next trip boarding

commencing as soon as all cruise guests have left the ship (Zero Headcount - happens when you scan your sail and sign card for the last time)

I.E.

Thus ship arrives at 7a

C&I clears ship for disembarking at i.e. 730a

Everyone off 1130a or earlier !

Boarding starting Noon or earlier !

Ship sails 5p or later

Barcelona

We have disembarked at Barcelona twice. Customs and immigration were the laxest we have ever encountered. No one even asked for our passports. Las Rambla is only a very short cab ride (less than 10 minutes) and is really the heart of the city. You can easily spend several hour just exploring the shops, markets, museums, and cafe's along this 3/4 mile walking boulevard that stretches from the Placa de Colom (Christopher Columbus) on the South end to the Placa de Catalunya at the other end. Along the way there are several stops where you can catch a Hop-On, Hop-Off bus or catch a tour to La Sagrada Familia. There are several stops with Barcelona is a great port. You should plan to stay over.

How early can you get off the ship on disembarking day? Ship arrived in port for the final day of cruise at 5am. We want to schedule a tour. So just wondering on how early we can get off

As others have said it is dependent on what time your ship comes in.

It also depends on what itinerary you have been on.

If you are doing the Epic all EU ports customs and immigration will seem extremely laxed due to the fact you are still in the Schengen area and you will probably not be asked for your passport or any thing else for that matter. As Schengen agreement includes the free movement of people among other things.

If you call at a port or start your cruise outside of the Schengen area expect customs and immigration to be beefed up when calling at your next Schengen port of call or at Barcelona.

As others have said it is dependent on what time your ship comes in.

It also depends on what itinerary you have been on.

If you are doing the Epic all EU ports customs and immigration will seem extremely laxed due to the fact you are still in the Schengen area and you will probably not be asked for your passport or any thing else for that matter. As Schengen agreement includes the free movement of people among other things.

If you call at a port or start your cruise outside of the Schengen area expect customs and immigration to be beefed up when calling at your next Schengen port of call or at Barcelona.

We are doing the Canary Islands and Morocco with round trip to Barcelona.