Dawn princess

cruisepest

We got off Oct 31st ..was on the bus by 8:30 am did "Self assist" but had to wait till "red 4" before princess transfer bus could leave.

No problem... we had plenty of time to catch our noon flight.

We were on the first cruise of the season 21 September and it seemed a bit of a mess. We asked for early and weren't given it!! We were doing our own air out of Oakland - didn't get off till about 10.30 I think it was.

Hopefully they have that, and the tenders a bit better sorted by now.

Thanks for eveyone's answers. Dolfan95831: we sail this this Thursday, only 3 days!!! Getting off in San Francisco in the past has always been slow, I guess that is why Princess has you go thru customs in San Diego. We sailed the Mercury in March and it took almost 4 hours to get off in San Francisco.

Thanks for eveyone's answers. Dolfan95831: we sail this this Thursday, only 3 days!!! Getting off in San Francisco in the past has always been slow, I guess that is why Princess has you go thru customs in San Diego. We sailed the Mercury in March and it took almost 4 hours to get off in San Francisco.

We sail the 10th also! We have done the Mercury 3 times and have always been on the ship by 10:30. Looks like it could be anywhere between 9:00 and 10:30 on the Dawn.

Have a great cruise! ~Christine

Interesting, they did not offer the carry your own bag option on my cruise. Was hoping for it as I had been on the same crusie on the Sapphire in 2004 and was home by 930am. Had them switch me to an early group as I was planning on going to work but by the time I got home this time it wasn't worth it for a 1/2 day.

Doug

One has to go through customs at the first place they enter the US, the same as by plane.

We are on the November 20th Thanksgiving sailing. For those of you who sailed on the Dawn, any comments? We just came off the Sea Princess and although the food was good and the entertainment well above par, service was pretty shabby. My TA says that this is not a system wide problem and I should see better service on the Dawn. We've sailed the Dawn before and like the Sun class ships but the Sea just came back from the UK and a lot of the help was at the end of their contracts and it showed. No "Can do" attitude - mostly "No Can Do" even though what was asked should have been done.

Frank-in-CA

Just got off yesterday.

Had "self assist" and they were the first group called, at about 0715-0730.

Then they started calling the colored/numbered tags at about 0745.

If you can do 'self assist' it is really 'painless".

Happy cruising everyone.

Joanne, the chocoholic

Archived