accessible beaches?

Nanny8

So...I recently broke my foot :( and we were originally planning on taking a bus to the beach (Magens or Sapphire) because we have been to St. Thomas before and have done the walking around etc. I'm not sure what to do now. I am just now allowed to do partial weight bearing (with crutches) but will not really be that mobile by the time our cruise comes about in less than 2 weeks (May be down to a cane only by then). My question is for those who may have mobility issues and have been to St. Thomas beaches... are there beaches that are more accessible to walk on with a cane (so that one can get into the water). To be clear I'm not asking for medical advice-merely views on the island and it's beaches from people with limited mobility concerns. I'm a nurse and I understand the risk of walking on sand with an injured foot. I have all the proper stiff footwear and braces and canes with proper attachments for sand etc. (just covering my butt here,) lol

A second thought would be to take a ferry to Water Island and go to a beach near the ferry terminal there.

I am really just wondering if anyone has any experience with mobility issues and has been to any of the beaches on either St. Thomas or Water Island?

If so, can one take a taxi to any of the beaches that would get me close enough to the beach that I could walk to the beach from the taxi drop off (say less than 3 blocks distance)

Thanks in advance

Magens has a wheelchair ramp that takes you to the sand. Not sure how close a taxi can get to it, though. You might be able to see the ramp on Google Earth. It's located next to the bathrooms that are to the left.