Queen Victoria...?

JohnEZ

The last I read was Stephen Card's post of August 17:

Some construction work was done on the second Queen Victoria but a few weeks ago... the sections that were sitting in the building dock were lifted out and work has now begin on construction of a new ship for Carnival.

My guess is that it will be at least 18 months to two years before the Carnival ship is floated oout and work resumes on the QV. If she IS built I doubt we will see her before 2009.

Stephen

At the time Cunard were talking about 'big news' in September.....but nowt....

Peter

.....lists Queen Victoria as arriving 12/07....which makes me wonder if they have to be VERY careful about saying anything that isn't in line with the Annual Report - so basically the 'line' is 'QUEEN VICTORIA debuts 12/07' with no deviation, hesitation or repetition allowed....whatever may (or may not) be happening at Fincantieri.....IF there is a change they may need to go through a whole rigmarole to announce it, so until a (if any) new plan is definite, best keep quiet.

You can find the full Carnival Report here: http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/NYS/ccl/reports/04AR.pdf

From another board:

"Last I heard on the Queen Victoria is that she will be much modified from the standard Vista. She will have better sea-keeping for X-Atlantic runs and have a longer bow. The public room decks will be arranged according the the Cunard cruise format and what the QE2 regulars are used to. QV will not be the Carnival Fraternity in a tuxedo. Me thinks it is correct in speculating that she will be the QE2 replacement."

Peter

.....lists Queen Victoria as arriving 12/07....which makes me wonder if they have to be VERY careful about saying anything that isn't in line with the Annual Report - so basically the 'line' is 'QUEEN VICTORIA debuts 12/07' with no deviation, hesitation or repetition allowed....whatever may (or may not) be happening at Fincantieri.....IF there is a change they may need to go through a whole rigmarole to announce it, so until a (if any) new plan is definite, best keep quiet.

You can find the full Carnival Report here: http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/NYS/ccl/reports/04AR.pdf

Peter

Hi Peter,

My information is that the sections of QV are still sitting on the quayside! A large carnival ship is under construction in the dock and she is not expected to be floated out until sometime next summer at the earliest. Doesn't leave much time to build the QV before the end of 07.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Long time no post! Great to see you back! Will your friend Chris Rynd be Captain on the QE2 for the Jan crossing? Might be worth advising (or forewarning!) him that there will be quite a few Cruise Critics onboard (we'll be easy to spot, wandering around with deck plans decades out of date playing 'spot the difference'!)

Peter

Hi Stephen,

Long time no post! Great to see you back! Will your friend Chris Rynd be Captain on the QE2 for the Jan crossing? Might be worth advising (or forewarning!) him that there will be quite a few Cruise Critics onboard (we'll be easy to spot, wandering around with deck plans decades out of date playing 'spot the difference'!)

Peter

Hallo Peter,

I've been on holiday in sunny Bermuda since early September and am now back in sunny Sydney!

Captain Rynd is rejoining his ship in mid December and will on board until she reaches Japan... in March.

I'm certain that he will look forward to greeting Cruise Critics in January. I will be interested to read your reviews. Captain Rynd tells me that a lot of upgrading and refitting has been carried out... but more to do.

Anyhow, I hope the weather cooperates and you 'enjoy' Force 10 for at least one day!

Stephen

Archived