Formal Nights - during Christmas?

arlsvera

I realize that most folks on Norwegian do not dress up for dinner. I understand that they have "dress up or not nights" ... is that right? We will be on the Escape during Christmas week and my family actually would like to dress up occasionally. During that one week cruise, how many "dress up or not" nights can I expect .. and which days? It's a Saturday - Saturday cruise. Thanks!

On a one-week sailing, there is usually just one "Norwegian's Night Out", sometime in the middle of the cruise (not the first or last night). I don't know which day of the cruise they normally do it on the Escape these days, but for your cruise they may move it to Day 2, which is Christmas.

As you know, you can dress up whenever you want, but if you want to see other people a little dressed up, and the chance to take photos with the Captain and other officers in their formal uniforms, that generally only happens on Norwegian's Night Out.

I realize that most folks on Norwegian do not dress up for dinner. I understand that they have "dress up or not nights" ... is that right? We will be on the Escape during Christmas week and my family actually would like to dress up occasionally. During that one week cruise, how many "dress up or not" nights can I expect .. and which days? It's a Saturday - Saturday cruise. Thanks!

Can you define "dress up"? If you mean nice slacks, shirts and dresses, then there will be many dressed the same, especially on Christmas Eve/Day when everyone seems to be in the mood to dress up for the occassion.

If you mean tux and long gown, then you will likely see few to none. But NCL is Freestyle which means everyone is free to dress up as much as they wish on any given night, including tux and gown. Generally, the Dress Up or Not Night is only done officially once, usually the night of the first sea day. But you will see photographers set up on several nights probably, especially if there is a holiday involved.

Brenda -- my boys want to wear a suit and the girls want to wear a dress or a sparkly top. No tuxes or long gowns -- but fancier than our normal attire. I realize we could wear that anytime, but I'm trying to figure out when there will be a few others "dressed up."

This is good information -- it sounds like we can count on one night where there will be others in similar attire.

I was on the Escape last week, and Norwegian's Night out was on Sunday. Of course, since that is Christmas, they may adjust that. I saw photographers out every night of the cruise. They will typically be by the stairs on 6 and the chandelier on 8 at a minimum, but they will also have the backdrops scattered throughout 6, 7, and 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Chigirlcruzin

Thanks .. so I need to look for the Norwegian's Night Out - and that will be the night where they have the photographer? It would make sense that it would be on Christmas. Thank you!

There will be photographers set up every single evening, all over. You can't miss them.

I realize we could wear that anytime, but I'm trying to figure out when there will be a few others "dressed up."

This is good information -- it sounds like we can count on one night where there will be others in similar attire.

Every night and every cruise will be different in regards to what your fellow cruisers wear. Those who celebrate Christmas may dress up that night or on Christmas Eve or both. Some people might be celebrating a birthday or anniversary or some occasion and will dress up on that night. And there will be people dressed up every night and there will be people in shorts every night - yes even on a Christmas cruise. Figure out what night is best for YOUR family & dress up then. I tend to wear a dress every night while most of my family/friends do not get dressed up but that's what I'm most comfortable in.

You will have seven such nights. You can dress any way you want every night. You will find that most people will not dress up pat all, except for maybe Christmas day. Photographers will be available most nights to take your pictures if you want.

I'll be on the Jewel during Christmas week. We are planning to dress formally on Christmas Eve, but also bringing another formal outfit in case we decide to dress up Christmas Day. Otherwise, dressing as usual.