NEw Years Eve Ft Lauderdale

Losnab

Our cruise starts 1/2 and since we are driving to port we decided that it would be a good idea to extend our pre-cruise hotel stay to include 12/31. Was hoping to see fireworks and enjoy easy New Year's Eve on beach but the only thing I can find is a street party.

Any budget conscious recommendations?

Thanks

Lauderdale by the Sea has a NYE party in the town square (Anglin's Square). The street is blocked off to pedestrians only, there are usually 1 or 2 live bands, outdoor bars (as well as all the restaurants), a "ball" drop countdown from the roof at Aruba, followed by fireworks on the beach. Free admission. Metered parking or flat rate parking rates throughout the town (or best to Uber).

Edited by brunello22

Sure there will be something happening around the exterior of the Margaritaville property

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Margaritaville is in Hollywood and the OP is asking about Fort Lauderdale. Do they have fireworks?

To the OP, there is an anchor drop downtown but not sure about fireworks anywhere in Fort Lauderdale. It is a big celebration.

There is a free Pitbull concert (Pitbull's Revolution) with fireworks and an Orange drop in downtown Miami.

I would say you could Uber but two years ago Uber was surging at 10xs the regular price.

• 5 months later...
Thanks so much. Lauderdale by the sea is only a 5 min drive (or 10 min bus ride) from our hotel. Nice! Looked it up no fireworks but music and lively ...seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In case anybody is looking at this nye venue I wanted to share that yes we did attend. The music was fabulous- there were a few bands. I think the group that we rocked the night with was Mr Nice Guy. It got crowded but not overwhelming and there were lots of restaurants. We enjoyed pizza and beer in two different places.

I would definitely go again if we wind up in Ft Lauderdale nye.

Our cruise starts 1/2 and since we are driving to port we decided that it would be a good idea to extend our pre-cruise hotel stay to include 12/31. Was hoping to see fireworks and enjoy easy New Year's Eve on beach but the only thing I can find is a street party.

Any budget conscious recommendations?

Thanks

A budget conscious hotel on New Year's Eve is an oxymoron. Finding one on the beach is an impossibility. Ft Lauderdale is not a city where they have one big central event, especially with fireworks.

In case anybody is looking at this nye venue I wanted to share that yes we did attend. The music was fabulous- there were a few bands. I think the group that we rocked the night with was Mr Nice Guy. It got crowded but not overwhelming and there were lots of restaurants. We enjoyed pizza and beer in two different places.

I would definitely go again if we wind up in Ft Lauderdale nye.

Thanks so much for coming back and letting us know it worked out for you! Valuable information for others for this year!