Marriott hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

clpainter2001

Hi everyone,

We will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale on July 14th and then heading to the Harmony of the Seas on the 15th. My mom wants to stay at a Marriott hotel because she has points she can use. What is a good Marriott that is close to the port? Thanks everyone!!

Hi everyone,

We will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale on July 14th and then heading to the Harmony of the Seas on the 15th. My mom wants to stay at a Marriott hotel because she has points she can use. What is a good Marriott that is close to the port? Thanks everyone!!

The Renaissance is at the north end of the Port and the Courtyard on the beach , we're there now! Uber ride to port is about $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port is nice, is not on beach but has pool and is close to port and walking distance to numerous restaurants.

If you want to be on the beach, Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort is resort property on beach, fairly large so you are somewhat "contained" on the property. This is a few miles further from the port, and a few more points.

Both have award availability on your dates.

Depending on what you want to do and how many points you use will impact where you stay.

I have stayed at most of them and for just one night stay I liked the courtyard Plantation the best. This is close to many restaurants, , shopping mall, wine store and Target all within safe walking distance . The best is that it provides both airport and port shuttle for free and by far less points than all the rest near the port and beach.

If more than one night and want to be by the beach Marriott Harbor is great but lots of points to redeem for that location.

If you choose Courtyard Plantation call the hotel as soon as you book to reserve your shuttle as it does get very busy and does sell out.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an older thread but one of the suggestions was the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation. I like this one, especially because it's 10,000 less points than the Marriott I usually book. I looked at the Marriott website, and it looks like this hotel offers free shuttle service from the airport but does anyone know about shuttle service to the port? Is it available and does it cost? Someone also mentioned that it's within safe walking distance to many stores, which is a plus!

Thanks!