Comedy on the Dawn

mesci14

I didn't know they were still performing on NCL.

Okay, 20 years ago they were entertaining, but today, pretty bland and uninspiring.

They would usually do one big show, then a 2nd show in a club venue, as not many folks would care to see them a 2nd time.

JMHO, :eek:

I do not know about Dawn, but on a 7 day Breakaway cruise, they did 4 or more shows (none on the main stage, all in a smaller venue which Dawn may not have). I think they are ok, but not nearly as funny as good stand up comics--and I find it bizarre that Breakaway sails from NYC, which has more good comics than anywhere, but does not have any stand ups perform.

Second City on the Gem last month did a best off show, no improv, in Stardust Theater They did a 100% improv in Spinnaker Lounge, rated G, and then an adult show at 10 PM in Spinnaker the last night also all improv. The best of show was not too good for me, for I had seen all but one skit previously. The other two shows had the great spirit of no holds barred improv, would go to see them again. I was on b2b so I saw a total of 4 improv shows, all completely different and entertaining. I have seen them on BA, POA, and 4 times on the Gem, never disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...
What is a workshop?

One or more of the Second City performers will break the cruisers into groups of 8 or 10 people to do things the performers often do to warm up or to be introduced to improv. The idea at first to teach the "Yes and" approach to improv rather than "Yes but" or "No". One exercise would to go around the circle telling a story with each person saying one word and then the next. It is a great introduction to improv and to get to speak to Second City people is also enjoyable. They do enjoy speaking to folks after the shows also, just walk up and tell them how much you enjoyed the show.