LIVEish, 12 Days on Oasis (12/11 and 12/18)

chandom

Well another early morning post.

Finally left some time around 11:00-11:30.

Around 10:30 the tension was getting think. Seemed like if the casion was closed much longer there would be a revolt. People had started to camp out at their favorite machine or seat at the table... Almost like the lounges on some ships starting an hour before the cocktail hour.

On that same topic. Due to number of D&D+ Dazzles on 8/9 is being used for overflow. They do have a staff member checking card upon entry.

In the Diamond Club, checking of cards didn't seem to be happening.

Personally, I like the setup is Dazzles a bit better. They have hors d'oeuvres set out on a table. Each item is a large steam pan.

Tonights hot selections.

Empanadas filled with a spinach dip

Fish/seafood cakes. Somewhat like a miniature version of one of the appetizers tonight in the MDR.

Bacon Wrapped dates. Very addictive, bacon was extremely crunchy.

BBQ style chicken wings.

Did end up exceeding the count for breaking even. Might even be at the point where I'll be even for rest of the cruise. It is very easy on here camping out at the Champagne Bar. Menu cocktails as you've seen posted run $11-13. With the package at $46-48 it is easy after 4 drinks with a bottle of water thrown in. At $58, that needs a fifth drink tossed in.

For costs, a 500ml bottle of Ice River Springs water runs $2 plus gratuity.

Also discovered this "gem" left behind tonight.

dc7f364e5b90a194df61ef1f51b3f5cc.jpg

Getting in to a debated topic here...

I would have to say in the 90% range of the males in the MDR have been wearing a collared shirt and long pants.

By long pants I mean: Clothing made of any fabic that covers the full length of ones legs.

MDR for dinner...

Had the seafood cake and short ribs.

Dessert warm chocolate cookie with ice cream and the sweet potato thing.

Seafood cake: Was ok, seemed like tuna mixed with mashed potatoes.

Short ribs: Wasn't anywhere near the Chops offering. Then again, if given the choice between the MDR version and Chops one at $42, I'll gladly take the MDR one.

Still, these were fork tender and in a way could be described as pot roast like.

Warm cookie with ice cream: Not a cookie like one would expect. The cookie is baked in a ramekin. Topped off with ice cream.

Sweet Potato Dessert: Tasted like pumpkin pie with shredded sweet potato mixed in. Meringue topping had a slight citrus twang.

Plans for St Maarten

Water taxi over the the shopping area. Find a store we visited back in May to get some more seasonings.

Sent from a mobile device

Edited by chandom

Starting to think this thread has gotten to the point where it feels like I'm talking to my self.

So far today, nothing major to report. Well one exception, we are still in St. Thomas.

Can't recall what the details of the announcement were other than we'll be in St. Maarten at the time planned.

In St. Thomas total of six ships were in port.

One Celeberty

One Princess

Two NCL (On being Epic)

Two Royal (Us and Grandeur) Grandeur was stuck tendering to a point across the street from the downtown area.

MDR again for dinner. Only major complaint would have been the sole was on the dry side.

Drink Package Report

The day still hasn't ended.

Keep being amazed at your "Drink Package Report" would be in medical center being prepared for evacuation if I even thought about drinking what you have been reporting. WOW, how do you consume that much alcohol? Two an evening is about my limit, cheap drunk!!!!!

When we join you Sunday I am going to look for you at your favorite bar to witness this and see if you are still standing. Save at least 1 drink for us.

Grace

All I need to say is I helped close down the Champagne Bar (1 am).

I can't even start to think what might have been consumed. Know the since 10:30 pm it had been a minimum of 4 drinks.

If you are looking for a quiet location with very friendly staff, visit them on deck 5. This has been my go to location this cruise. I can not give more compliments to the staff.

I cannot agree more with this. I'm pretty sure I had my own dedicated bar stool there during our Halloween cruise. The staff is top-notch!

Keep being amazed at your "Drink Package Report" would be in medical center being prepared for evacuation if I even thought about drinking what you have been reporting. WOW, how do you consume that much alcohol? Two an evening is about my limit, cheap drunk!!!!!

When we join you Sunday I am going to look for you at your favorite bar to witness this and see if you are still standing. Save at least 1 drink for us.

Grace

At times I wonder myself on consumption. Always keep in mind, a majority of the drinks are spread out over about a six to eight hour period.

Also help trying to stay hydrated, I try to down a bottle of water after every two to three drinks. A lot of times I use the water to “wash” the ice.

Looking forward to seeing you as well on Sunday. If it does happen to rain, the good thing about Port Canaveral is the entire loading an off loading process done in a covered area.

Hopefully word gets out about the meet up on the first day.

At times I wonder myself on consumption. Always keep in mind, a majority of the drinks are spread out over about a six to eight hour period.

Also help trying to stay hydrated, I try to down a bottle of water after every two to three drinks. A lot of times I use the water to “wash” the ice.

Looking forward to seeing you as well on Sunday. If it does happen to rain, the good thing about Port Canaveral is the entire loading an off loading process done in a covered area.

Hopefully word gets out about the meet up on the first day.

Is there a scheduled meet up the first day?

We received an email from Royal yesterday telling us to check in between 12 pm and 3:45pm. What happened to the 4:30 sailaway? Thought you were supposed to be checked in 90 minutes before sailaway.

We plan to leave Citrus County around 920am so should have car dropped off and be at ship around noon. I have a wheelchair reserved for boarding as can't stand in line for more than 15 minutes. Back surgery gone wrong.

Have not been at Champagne bar on a Royal ship. Looking forward to checking it out. Do they have any good non domestic beer at the pub? Love German beer and Irish too.

Is there a scheduled meet up the first day?

We received an email from Royal yesterday telling us to check in between 12 pm and 3:45pm. What happened to the 4:30 sailaway? Thought you were supposed to be checked in 90 minutes before sailaway.

We plan to leave Citrus County around 920am so should have car dropped off and be at ship around noon. I have a wheelchair reserved for boarding as can't stand in line for more than 15 minutes. Back surgery gone wrong.

Have not been at Champagne bar on a Royal ship. Looking forward to checking it out. Do they have any good non domestic beer at the pub? Love German beer and Irish too.

I'll snag a picture of the Pub menu shortly if they have them out.

Like to try for a meet up at 2:30 at the Solarium Bar.

Time stated for check-in, might want to arive closer to 10:30 if not a tad sooner. I was in the terminal shortly after 11 and boarding had already started.

More on the drink punch card if at all possible! Thanks for all the wonderful work you are doing on this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Message on the TV said it was $79, don't recall if you have to add gratuity to the $79.

Message on the TV said it was $79, don't recall if you have to add gratuity to the $79.

Confirmed, $79 plus 18% ($93.22).

Just started today. Isn't offered sooner. Same drink limit as the Deluxe package.

Card can only be used on the current sailing.

Did they show the Monday Night Football game anywhere onboard? Thanks

When we were on a few weeks ago you could see MNF in your room, at the On Air club on Deck 5, at the bar at Sabor on Deck 6, on the TVs surrounding the hot tubs near the entrance to the solarium (the ones that are cantilevered over the ship), and the big screens in the Aquatheater. There may be others but those are the ones I recall.