Beach lovers-First time here, what to do?

mitsugirly

This will be our very first time in Curacao and can't wait to experience it, but have no idea what we should do or where to look.

We are in port from 8-4pm

We are "beach" loving people and also love to snorkel (and recently did a Discover Scuba dive a few months ago and absolutely would do it again).

We are not touristy people, so no suggestions on "tours", site-seeing, history, shopping or places to eat. It's just not our thing.

Looking for.... the most beautiful beach ever.

If that can be combined with snorkeling, from the beach, that would be an added plus.

If there's a great place that does Discover Scuba from the beach even better.

We have an 8 year old that is a PADI Seal team member and has completed a few "Aqua Mission" dives, with one also being a Bubble Maker class/dive just done in St Thomas. So, if there's a great scuba place to book with, they must have something that she can do as well (like another Bubble Maker class).

Open to suggestions and thanks in advance. :)

Edited by mitsugirly

I suggest Playa Porto Mari.

See my response and photo (#4) in the following thread -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43805333#post43805333

Beautiful beach, out of the way, excellent snorkeling, restaurant, bar, and restrooms. Also, from what I remember, there are instructor led introductory SCUBA dives available. Plan however for $50-60 one way taxi fare to get there from the pier. Their website is fairly extensive.

http://www.playaportomari.com/

I'll be back to Curacao in Feb 2017 and plan on returning.

Good luck!

I suggest Playa Porto Mari.

See my response and photo (#4) in the following thread -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43805333#post43805333

Beautiful beach, out of the way, excellent snorkeling, restaurant, bar, and restrooms. Also, from what I remember, there are instructor led introductory SCUBA dives available. Plan however for $50-60 one way taxi fare to get there from the pier. Their website is fairly extensive.

http://www.playaportomari.com/

I'll be back to Curacao in Feb 2017 and plan on returning.

Good luck!

Thank you for this awesome information. I will research it and I will probably have questions.

Thank you for this awesome information. I will research it and I will probably have questions.

Just a small tip. This beach is far away from where ship docks. You'll need to rent a car to get there or cab fare will be really expensive. With short port hours you might want to check closer options to port. Pirate bay has snorkeling and diving shop as well and just 10 min cab ride from the dock.

Edited by ODECCIT

Just a small tip. This beach is far away from where ship docks. You'll need to rent a car to get there or cab fare will be really expensive. With short port hours you might want to check closer options to port. Pirate bay has snorkeling and diving shop as well and just 10 min cab ride from the dock.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check into that place as well.

How far away is the other place?

• 3 weeks later...
You might want to check out Dive Bus, also. They do guided dives from shore, also have a snorkeling area. Not a "beautiful" beach but we enjoyed it 7 years ago.

That is one of the places I have started checking in to recently. I have decided that I want to do scuba in this port. We will need a place that offers Discover Scuba for us and a Bubble Maker class for our (at that time) 9 year old. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Mitsugirly I have enjoyed your detailed picture reviews. I hope you return to these posts and let us know what you decided to do. We are doing the ABC islands in December and are looking for easy beach days instead of tours. Your reviews are VERY much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mitsugirly I have enjoyed your detailed picture reviews. I hope you return to these posts and let us know what you decided to do. We are doing the ABC islands in December and are looking for easy beach days instead of tours. Your reviews are VERY much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yep, I always return with a link to the review and update. :D

Mambo beach is also beautiful:)

Happy cruising!

Isn't this the beach located at the aquarium? One of the dive places we are considering said they could drop us off there after the dive if we wanted.

Is there an entrance fee there? Tell me more about it.

Last time we were in Curacao rented a car from avis 50-60 for the day and drove up to Knip beach. Beautiful with decent snorkling.We will be there in 2 weeks and are going with friends and doing the same. First time we also stopped at Porto Marie but it was too crowded for us. Drive took us 45 minutes north. No traffic once you were clear of the city. Crappy street signs. Also saw the Flamingos, church and stopped at Kokomo beach near town.