Cheers cutoff

mona_canada

Hi all.

I understood that cheers would work for drinks, coffees etc debarkation morning. I figured we would have to pay taxes. It did not work for us. I am not sure if it is because the alchemy waiter gave himself an $11 tip which used up our balance, or because it ends earlier.

What has your experience been?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all.

I understood that cheers would work for drinks, coffees etc debarkation morning. I figured we would have to pay taxes. It did not work for us. I am not sure if it is because the alchemy waiter gave himself an $11 tip which used up our balance, or because it ends earlier.

What has your experience been?

What Cheers balance? There is only a 15 alcohol drink max per day, but no monetary limit. Had no problems getting specialty coffee in the morning of departure. Did you ask why it was not honored when it was refused?

Even more importantly then what balance what did you do about the waiter giving himself a tip (and a healthy one at that)? I would have been at guest services over that.

We did go to guest services & changed it to the $1 tip that he was supposed to receive.

We had a cash account & knew that we had $6 left. We planned to get coffee (pay for the taxes since we were in Miami) and tip the rest to the coffee person, who was great the entire cruise.

I ask guest services if cheers still worked, or if the reason we couldn't get coffee was because we had a cash account with a balance & they said that they stopped our card the previous night. They were very busy, so I did not question further.

It certainly did not make or break our cruise, but I was sure that others had said they were able to access cheers on the last morning.

Edited by mona_canada

We did go to guest services & changed it to the $1 tip that he was supposed to receive.

We had a cash account & knew that we had $6 left. We planned to get coffee (pay for the taxes since we were in Miami) and tip the rest to the coffee person, who was great the entire cruise.

I ask guest services if cheers still worked, or if the reason we couldn't get coffee was because we had a cash account with a balance & they said that they stopped our card the previous night. They were very busy, so I did not question further.

It certainly did not make or break our cruise, but I was sure that others had said they were able to access cheers on the last morning.

I'm glad you got it taken care of.

There is your answer. If you have a cash based account you are not allowed to put anything on it the morning of departure, the account is closed out the night before. They do not want a line of people unable to get off the ship because of a balance due so they just stop all cash accounts. I also did not know this on one cruise where I just put cash down and didn't give them a credit card.

There is your answer. If you have a cash based account you are not allowed to put anything on it the morning of departure, the account is closed out the night before. They do not want a line of people unable to get off the ship because of a balance due so they just stop all cash accounts. I also did not know this on one cruise where I just put cash down and didn't give them a credit card.

That makes sense! Next time I will put a credit card on the account as well & see what happens.