[LIVE REVIEW] Harmony of the Seas 12/17 - 12/24: First Time on RCCL ships

romesauce

We're on the ship! Out of the three cruises, the security and check in process for harmony was the easiest of all three. Since my husband wears a turban, sometimes there are issues with security and check in where the agents ask.. well.. more like demand for him to take it off for his picture and security. It is against our religion for him to take it off. This time, there was no issue!! Even the check in agent kindly asked if it is against our religion to take it off, we said yes, and she's said okay let's take your picture!

We're in our room now! We did get a quick bite at the boardwalk hot dog place. We both had the coney island dog and it was good! Not busy at all. Room location is good so far. We are by the forward elevators. Now to get something to drink!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Just got off Harmony this past Saturday.

It's a wonderful ship! Had a great time and the entertainment was amazing.

Just be careful getting off the ship in Jamaica, the waves splash up onto the gangway ramp and makes it really slippery. There were no signs and the crew never mentioned anything to anyone as we got off the ship. Then my gf slipped and feel on the ramp which is like a cheese grater. She had 3 places on her knee where skin was sliced off and a week later she's still bleeding!!!

So be careful on ramps getting off!!

Did something happen last week on your cruise with some people getting into some trouble ???

More pictures!

131b4506ac1b3725b0ae9acb6308ddf9.jpg

fbe739a02e03587ad430a728e800a9d1.jpg

Showing disdain for my phone.

8ffde2a004589393c945049218c3bb69.jpg

Already rode the abyss, had a drink at the schooner bar, and had more snacks at Windjammer. We were able to find a table at Windjammer right away. It was busy but not over-crowded and no lines. Great first few hours so far.

The husband and I had dinner at chops grille and it was great! Very delicious. We had the peppered bacon, shrimp and crab cake, petite new York strip, 9oz filet, red velvet cake and the chocolate mud pie. All was delicious and service was good! We did get the survey speech at the end but it didn't feel intrusive. I now got a drink at the bionic bar. A non alcoholic drink called tutti frutti. Fun times!

We will be sailing on Harmony in a few weeks and until then we are enjoying reading your posts. Thanks for taking the time out from your vacation to keep all of us waiting to board informed. Enjoy your cruise.

How was the bionic bar? Is it the type that is easy to figure out after you do it a few times?

Very easy! You use an iPad to order your drink or create one. You can figure it out right away and there's an attendant that can help. It was fun but the novelty wears off quickly.

Have you noticed if there are the same discounts offered on drink packages and internet packages as there were on the cruise planner, or are they full price on board?? Thank you for looking. We are traveling next week, and I am still contemplating on buying now or waiting.

Have you noticed if there are the same discounts offered on drink packages and internet packages as there were on the cruise planner, or are they full price on board?? Thank you for looking. We are traveling next week, and I am still contemplating on buying now or waiting.

I haven't seen any discounts yet on the drink or Internet packages on board. I think it's best to buy them beforehand!

We had dinner at wonderland last night and it was a delight! Our server picked our appetizers and desserts for us after letting her know our preferences. Now.. We have been to Q-sine on celebrity which is a similar concept but less formal. We did think Q-sine was better than wonderland. Food and service wise. However, the food was good at wonderland as well as the service. But, as we noticed with cruise line food, a bit bland for our taste. We're Indian so we like our spice! Nothing to complain about though. No survey speech this time.

Second day on the ship was fun. We had breakfast and lunch at Windjammer. Again, busy but no major lines and found a table right away. Lots of variety and I'm not sure why people are complaining about the lack of Indian food (which I've read in reviews). We saw two Indian dishes at lunch the last two days at Windjammer. Indian food isn't all curry. Yesterday there was an Indian okra dish (called pindhi in Punjabi). Anyways I'm just rambling now. It's been fun so far! Now off to walk around labadee!