Sept/Oct weather Western Coast of France

GiGiGi

We are considering a cruise from Amsterdam to Lisbon. We are wondering what we should expect as far as weather and sea conditions are concerned. We like traveling in September, but have not been in this area during this late September early October time frame. Any advice or experiences are appreciated

We are considering a cruise from Amsterdam to Lisbon. We are wondering what we should expect as far as weather and sea conditions are concerned. We like traveling in September, but have not been in this area during this late September early October time frame. Any advice or experiences are appreciated

I also like traveling in September and October. On our 2014 cruise (late September to early October), we experienced great weather in both Portugal and France - we experienced several days of rain in Amsterdam.

For example, average temperature for Toulon (September) shows a high of 79F and a low of 62F. Averages for October are listed at a high of 70F and a low of 57F. I can't remember the actual temperatures on the day we were there but I do remember that it was warm, sunny, and we were dressed in just our shirts.

I do, however, always prepare for variable weather by packing layers and an umbrella.

Edited by dogs4fun

We had a weeks land holiday this year in Western France from mid September. The weather was excellent, bright and sunny every day and temperatures in the high 20c.

However, sea conditions can be very different and this part of the Atlantic leads into the Bay of Biscay, which is very unpredictable.