Meat and potatoes husband

blambition

I'm right there with your husband. I want everything plain, well done, with no sauces! I was thinking I'd have to stash some food, as I'm worried about my dinner meals. Maybe we can form our own little support group!

Some things you can ask for no sauce or on the side some dishes obviously it is not possible

just order accordingly

We do not eat too many things with sauces on them at home & have not had any problems on Oceania

This is like my asking for a steak sauce, or God forbid ketchup with a steak, LOL everyone is entitled to their own taste. I love lamb chops but, not mint jelly. I love anything with rosemary in it,but, I don't like curry. So I understand if my husband of 35 years is not willing to change. I have actually got him to try lamb, and just told he will like it! I nearly fainted one time in a restaurant years ago when he ordered a fish entrée. It has only happened once in 35 years. Once in a great while he will tell me I can make tuna salad at home[emoji4] I don't even try to reason why.

His comment to me was he could always get a hamburger if he didn't like the dinner. I told him not necessarily LOL I guess there is always room service after dinner, if he is still hungry. I am sure he will not go without food! I have total confidence that he will find many options on the menu that will suit him. On all our many cruises he has never starved yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At one time, I was one of the no sauce, no veggies, plain food folks. I have improved those taste buds (with help from great cuisine like Oceania's) over the years, and still consider myself far from a "foodie." Still many thing I do not consider.

As a "recovering" fussbudget, I always search menus for the simpler things. you will have NO PROBLEM on O ships. Bonus:even those simpler things will have flavor!

I'm with blambition in loving lamb but hating mint jelly. The only exception is if I make a mint sauce myself! I didn't always love lamb -- when I was a teen my father was (falsely) diagnosed with gout and the result was that my mother served lamb several times a week. I got so I couldn't stand it, and it was many years before I could again eat lamb. Now I look forward to it.

Most steak courses on O ships that I recall are not served already sauced -- usually they pass a choice of sauces separately. That's not 100% the case, of course, but pretty typical. As I recall the Jacques 5 peppercorn steak does come with the sauce already applied. Just be sure to make it clear to the server that you want such things served on the side and it will be done. And I'm pretty sure that something like veal marsala in Toscana comes with the sauce on it. It's rather difficult to separate some dishes from their sauces!

We do all have our biases ... and our stomachs are entitled to them!

Mura