Cabs from EZE/Buenos Aires airport to MicroCenter Hotel

Cobra427SC

Arriving at EZE/Buenos Aires airport and have reservations at a hotel in the MicroCenter area of Buenos Aires. Does anyone have an opinion about:

1. Is it better/safer to take a taxi from the airport or have the hotel arrange a car to pick us up?

2. Cost of a taxi ride?

3. Safety of a taxi VS car arranged by the hotel? The hotel charges $55 US dollars.

4. We will have the number of suitcases allowed by the airline for the two of us: two large bags and a carry on for each of us (total of four large bags and two carry ons).

Appreciate your advice.

I was there in January and as you come out of the secure area with your bags there is a kiosk right in front of you where you can order a taxi in English-the driver will then come right to you and take your bags. He may not speak much English but he will have the address of your hotel from the lady at the counter. The driving is pretty wild there so be prepared for that. My sister lives in BA and feels these are better taxi drivers. You can ask the price before you leave but I do not think it would be as much as the hotel driver.

Apparently, according to my sister, Uber has now arrived in BA-you have to somehow open an account online and must have a foreign credit card. When you request the taxi on your phone they tell you the name of the driver, arrival time etc. They have recently used that service and were happy with it.

Edited by lizziebargain

We were there in Feb and found taxis and even private drivers had tiny cars. We had two large suitcases and two carryons plus handbag and they could just fit it all in !!! We're going back this Feb and really wondering how to get around this problem, as we didn't see too many bigger cars or taxis and we have two more suitcases as we are away 8 weeks! any help would be appreciated too[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by davwen81

I've only used the car travelling light so don't know. I suspect they'll just have the standard cars which are larger size European origin cars so expect something like a newer Toyota Corolla in size but not something as large as a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry (huge these days).

The reason why cabs are small is among other things, because gas is too expeensive.

When at EZE go to Manuel tienda Leon and ask for a special model ofcabs called "Partner" which are sort of like minivans which can easily accommodate up to 8 pieces of big luggage. and three people.Those are the only type of cars in the local market capable of holding large amounts of suitcases.

Enjoy your stay in my native Buenos Aires

The reason why cabs are small is among other things, because gas is too expeensive.

When at EZE go to Manuel tienda Leon and ask for a special model of cabs called "Partner" which are sort of like minivans which can easily accommodate up to 8 pieces of big luggage. plus three people.Those are the only type of cars in the local market capable of holding large amounts of suitcases.

When at EZE go to Manuel tienda Leon and ask for a special model of cabs called "Partner" which are sort of like minivans which can easily accommodate up to 8 pieces of big luggage. plus three people.Those are the only type of cars in the local market capable of holding large amounts of suitcases.

We will be travelling as a group of 4. Do these minivans only carry 3 passengers and the driver??

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

i seem to remember reading on these boards that the taxis from the airport are very expesive, since they have a cartel that fixes the prices.

Our B&B arranged for a pickup for us that was cheaper. This was in Jan 2014,not sure if things have changed. I don't remember what we paid, but I think it was about $35.

i seem to remember reading on these boards that the taxis from the airport are very expesive, since they have a cartel that fixes the prices.

Our B&B arranged for a pickup for us that was cheaper. This was in Jan 2014,not sure if things have changed. I don't remember what we paid, but I think it was about $35.

The cartel or taxi mafia only applies to yellow/black cabs taken from outside the terminal. As Pochito very correctly cautions, never take a cab from the curb at EZE.

Taxi Ezeiza (white/blue) arranged at the booth inside the terminal or any of the private car services from inside the terminal are entirely reputable and charge fair rates. Most though not all cars arranged by hotels charge more than either of these options because the hotel adds a percentage to the fare as its commission.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived at EZE a week ago... Used my US card Uber account and got a smallish car suitable for the three of us with bags for about 375 pesos to the centro - about $25. I was so delighted with price (after being quoted 850 pesos from kiosk INSIDE the secure area) that I gave the driver an extra 100 pesos for braving the EZE thugs.

Edited by pmacher61