OBC Experience from shore excursion guarantee

saharaga

I would like to hear some experiences of people who have received OBC after submitting a shore excursion low price guarantee form and getting approved. We are on the Triumph now. I submitted a shore excursion claim back in September and was approved the same day. We got on the ship yesterday and no OBC. Guest Services sent an email to the main office. So far, these are the reasons we have been given as to why our credit is not there.

1. The difference was refunded to our credit card. (Lie - I logged into my CC account to show them there is no credit AND this is not how the program even works.)
  2. We received the credit on our last cruise. (First, this doesn't even make sense. Second, our credit on the Valor was for missing Freeport. It did not even equal the OBC amount.)
  3. They no longer have a record of our request and approval after 3 months. (Showing the approval email to Guest Services is apparently not enough proof:confused:. I also fail to see how this limitation in their system is my problem.)

So, for others who have received OBC from the shore excursion price match guarantee, was the OBC on your account when you boarded or did you have to go to Guest Services to get them to add it?

Edited by saharaga

I would like to hear some experiences of people who have received OBC after submitting a shore excursion low price guarantee form and getting approved. We are on the Triumph now. I submitted a shore excursion claim back in September and was approved the same day. We got on the ship yesterday and no OBC. Guest Services sent an email to the main office. So far, these are the reasons we have been given as to why our credit is not there.

1. The difference was refunded to our credit card. (Lie - I logged into my CC account to show them there is no credit AND this is not how the program even works.)
  2. We received the credit on our last cruise. (First, this doesn't even make sense. Second, our credit on the Valor was for missing Freeport. It did not even equal the OBC amount.)
  3. They no longer have a record of our request and approval after 3 months. (Showing the approval email to Guest Services is apparently not enough proof:confused:. I also fail to see how this limitation in their system is my problem.)

So, for others who have received OBC from the shore excursion price match guarantee, was the OBC on your account when you boarded or did you have to go to Guest Services to get them to add it?

I had to go to the excursion desk to get mine and it wasn't added until couple days into cruise