Anthem Speciality Dining - Picky Eater

robbykapnj

Hi,

We are interested in eating at some or all of the specialty restaurants aboard the Anthem of the Seas (except for Chefs table) but have one very picky eater in the family. If there is absolutley nothing on the menus she likes or is able to eat and simply weants basic pasta or an entre from the "everyday" option in the main dining room, is there a way for us to avoud paying for her? Even if she ate dinner separately on her own, we'd have the same size table for 3 or 4 people, so it's not like we're taking away space from anyone. Thank you.

Unless your picky eater is a child you will most likely have to pay for them. In fact the wait staff will spend more time trying to make a picky eater happy than a "normal" guest.

Think of it this way if they won't eat anything on the menu at all. Then your waiter will have to go to another kitchen to get them something and that takes time and takes service away from the other people they are taking care of. There is not someone standing around waiting to go run around the ship and collect dinners from different places to serve you. The main kitchens are not set up for waiters from other restaurants to stroll in and get meals. There is not 1 kitchen that every meal comes out of. Each restaurant has its own and making food for thousands of people requires a certain level of assembly line.

I am a picky eater and I love the specialty dining. There is always stuff I like, I might not eat the sides but I can always find something to enjoy.

I would not recommend going to Wonderland or Chefs table. Jamies has lots of pasta options and Chops are great specialty dinning for picky eaters. Have your picky eater check out the menu and see if they will like to eat there or not.

I need to add that specialty's can do more customizations than MDR can anyway. Because they are serving so many fewer meals than the MDR. So even if they make something off the menu (as my family calls it) you are using the servers and kitchen staff to make the meal and so the upcharge is justified.

Hi,

We are interested in eating at some or all of the specialty restaurants aboard the Anthem of the Seas (except for Chefs table) but have one very picky eater in the family. If there is absolutley nothing on the menus she likes or is able to eat and simply weants basic pasta or an entre from the "everyday" option in the main dining room, is there a way for us to avoud paying for her? Even if she ate dinner separately on her own, we'd have the same size table for 3 or 4 people, so it's not like we're taking away space from anyone. Thank you.

If you go to a specialty restaurant, you will be charged for each person, based on their age. If all they want is plain pasta, than they will pay the same price. The menu's are posted, so each person can review it, and decide if it's worth the extra price.

The size of the table would not matter and expecting the server to go to another kitchen to get a dinner than what is being serviced would be all the more reason to charge that person for the additional work involved. The kitchens are different for each restaurant.

Depending on the age you are talking, you might just give them the option of joining you, and eating off the menu, or eating on their own. Although we always had a rule on the ship, that dinner we ate together, our kids never had an issue with finding food, and eating on the ship by themselves.

I would recommend having them look at the menus before booking specialty dining for them.

Chops menu:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/dining/restaurants/chops-grille/

Jamie's kitchen:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/dining/restaurants/jamies-italian/

It would be best to see if there is anything there that interests her. I would assume if you ended up ordering plain pasta or something, they would still charge unless you convinced them otherwise.

I would not book wonderland. I'm a picky eater too and as much as I wish I was more adventurous I don't want to take any chances on wasting my money. I have read many reviews that it is delicious but not for a picky eater