Itinerary

Deep68

Last time in GC we rented a car and had to get a GC driving permit. Make sure you confirm with the car rental that u don't need a permit

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

The visitor's driver permit is mandatory if you do not have a Cayman Islands driver's license. No way around it. The fee is collected with your payment to the rental car company. Just think of it as another government tax.

Cost of the visitor's permit is CI$16 (US$20) per driver. If you are just visiting for the day then it is best to designate one person to do all the driving.

AND Grand Cayman is British style.... steering wheel on right, drive on the left. If you aren't familiar with it, it will be crazy scary.

I was actually born in England and learnt to drive there. I live in the US now so am luckily comfortable driving on both sides of the road!

The visitor's driver permit is mandatory if you do not have a Cayman Islands driver's license. No way around it. The fee is collected with your payment to the rental car company. Just think of it as another government tax.

Cost of the visitor's permit is CI$16 (US$20) per driver. If you are just visiting for the day then it is best to designate one person to do all the driving.

Yes I saw about the driver's permit. That is a good point to only have one person drive.