Escape Upgrade Bidding Questions

jojoey

Hi there! After eagerly awaiting for the 80 day mark for our March 11 cruise to bid on an upgrade, which hit yesterday, I'm now perplexed. I received the email offer, and the one I was hoping for, the Spa Balcony, wasn't an option.

The Haven has been showing sold out for these dates since I booked back in May and I was given options for several Haven suites. Is this just in case of cancellation, as all are still showing sold out? Is there a point in trying for these?

Given this, I am considering bidding on the mini suite for the better bathroom - it's myself and 16 year old daughter traveling, so the more space there the better! But, I'm not sure if it's worth the risk of giving up our 13th floor location. Currently, NCL is showing floors 10 and 11 only remaining.

Any insight would be most appreciated!

I was also disappointed it didn't allow bidding for a spa balcony or spa mini-suite. Haven was the only category that allowed you to bid on the individual categories. Perhaps they will add those options in the future if they stick with this new upgrade bid system.

However, if you bid on a mini-suite there is always the gamble that they will award you a spa mini. Would also suggest you put in a bid for a H-9 Haven Spa suite. People that are currently in the H-9s would be likely to try for upgrades to higher Haven categories. Good luck:D