Playstation 4 in stateroom on Glory - can anyone currently onboard help?

Timeforvaca

Hi all - No flames please. Our teen girls love cruising, but they also love playing a few video games before bed (and we love saving a bit of money at the arcade) ;)

If there is anyone onboard, can you possibly take a photo of the connectors on the back of the TV so we know what cables we need to bring?

Or, anyone that has recently cruised on Glory - do you know if the TV's have an HDMI input?

Would really appreciate it!

TIA!

Kristen :)

Not that it's helpful for the Glory but we tried this on the Miracle this year with no luck. The problem was disconnecting the internet connection that gets you the menu for your sale and sign information and such and then being able to switch the input. The remote they provide does not allow for switching the input to read the HDMI connection and customer service is no help as they don't want you doing this.

I had read about bringing a universal remote with you that can control the TV and switch input that way but we did not prepare for that. Thank goodness we made my son bring his laptop to watch movies and play a game also or he would have been SOL. We all vacation our own way and I do not judge others for their choices so do not judge us for our's.

Hopefully you can find a work around that will work for your girls!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Oneteeny for the info, that is helpful and we will plan accordingly!

I never judge! Everyone has a different situation. One of our girls has autism so having the familiarity of the video games in the evening is always helpful for her and us. :)

As the other poster said, there should be an open HDMI slot on the back of the tv, but the problem will lie in being able to get the tv to change inputs. Probably could be solved by bringing a universal remote as well. If this seems like too much work/hassle, not sure how old your girls are but the different kid clubs have video game systems in them I believe.

Have never brought one on so I really don't know for sure if it could be made to work or not but the following is directly from the Carnival website...

Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play Units cannot be used with the TV in the guest's stateroom or suite as the connection ports are disabled.

Just an FYI.

Have never brought one on so I really don't know for sure if it could be made to work or not but the following is directly from the Carnival website...

Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play Units cannot be used with the TV in the guest's stateroom or suite as the connection ports are disabled.

Just an FYI.

Yeah but I think there is a work around. I read a thread where someone was able to hook their computer to the tv and watch movies. They gave a detailed explanation on how to make it work.

To the op do a search on this board and royal ( can't recall which board it was on) and I'm sure you will find it. It was a fairly recent thread.

Just an FYI.

That is good to know.

I would suggest if you are already contemplating bring such a large item, bring a laptop or tablet and use that as your screen. If you already have a laptop, you will need a HDMI to Micro or Mini HDMI cord.