Pre and post cruise ft lauderdale/Everglades question

DanaDanes

Hi! Taking my mom and sis on a short celebrity cruise from ft lauderdale in a few weeks! So excited for this trip!

We are in sc and are taking a short direct flight to ftl the morning of the cruise. We land at 930. Does boarding start as early as 1030? If no, can we drop bags with porters and then find a brunch or something? If yes, suggestions?

Second, our flight out is not til 830 pm. Need something to do for the day. Thinking of renting a budget car for the day. Is there car rental at the port? We are not shoppers so considering a trip to the Everglades. Any vendor recommendations? Other ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When you can board is a Celebrity policy- I would be asking on the Celebrity board. But 10:30 sounds too early to me.

I f you look on this board, there is no car rental on the port property, but there are a couple just off the property. Other options might include excursions that end at the airport.

No, boarding won't be that early. But the terminal will be open for you to check in your bags. X will let you board, but not get into your room until usually around 1. So whatever you don't check is yours to push/carry with you to lunch or tour the ship.

Post cruise excursions will still get you to the airport around 1:00. Not a solution for later flights. Go to suntrolley.com . I am thinking they still have their weekend service for post cruisers as an option for late flights.

we are from SC also, and always take that awful Spirit flight arriving in FLL around 10:00 am and return the departure day on their 8:00 pm flight back to MYR.

if you are departing from Port Everglades in FLL, just loiter around the airport for an hour or two, have breakfast, etc, then take a cab to the ship--cost under $20 by cab. you should be able to board within an hour. on departure day, take an early cab back to FLL, and ask to be dropped off at the rental car building. Pick up your car (they are pretty cheap for a daily rental, and you should book well in advance) and choose something to do in FLL until flight time. We have gone to Sawgrass to see a movie and stroll the shops, taken the Water Taxi for several hours to enjoy the narrated waterways trip, and this time went to the Bonnet House and Gardens--which were excellent! Or, drive on down to Miami--they have a terrific zoo--requires a lot of walking. there are so many options in the FLL and MIA areas--check out this board and trip advisor dot com for ideas. you can stow your luggage in the trunk, and use your phone as a GPS--don't pay for the rental car GPS system.

Think of your departure Saturday as an extra day of vacation and make the most of it--don't sit in the airport the whole day waiting for your flight! Enjoy!