Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Thats all very well Jeff and it looks delicious but you have us all on tenterhooks over the cake. Please reveal. You are teasing your fan club.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Procedures are procedures though. Procedures and rules must be followed at all times. If we didn't follow procedures we would all be Italian or French wouldn't we. But us Brits, with Germanic origins must follow the precise rules.

I always cut our afternoon cakes at around 4pm'ish for afternoon tea. Today, in these exceptional circumstances I may grant myself a temporary waiver from normal procedures.

We will see. ;)

Jane,

I love walnut and coffee cake. :)

There is something extremely magical with simply feeling that if you have a day when spirits are sagging a bit you can go online and order some cake in a different country and it arrives a day later. It was collected yesterday at Demel in Vienna's first district at 3pm UK time. It went from Austria to Paris and to Stansted and then flown to Southampton and arrived here at 10am. The Fedex cost 22 euros. I marvel at this. I cannot wait to open the cake. :)

Chocolate!

And what pray tell did you drink with that decadence?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The cake led onto drinking for other reasons and I am currently drinking the third of a mug of Brave Bull but made with vanilla Absolut and Kahlua. Long story ....... but who cares after a few brave bulls ......:D

The cake led onto drinking for other reasons and I am currently drinking the third of a mug of Brave Bull but made with vanilla Absolut and Kahlua. Long story ....... but who cares after a few brave bulls ......:D

YES!! YES!! Super appreciate Jeff's wonderful updating and posting of pictures in connection with your Demel's delivery "adventure". So great!! Personally, I am not a chocolate guy, but I love your efforts and success. Next order a tort treat with fresh fruit, etc. In 1997 when visiting Vienna, we went to Demel's and so loved their treats. My complaint? It was too hard at Demel's to decide among their many, many delights. Keep it coming!! Want more, especially when you are ordering, paying for the FedEx, etc.

NEXT UK PM??: Had asked a few days back, but you might have missed it in seeking an update and prediction based on the latest polling and news related to whether nor Theresa May gets her victory and whether the margin will be as big as expected a few weeks back. Added insights and information?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 180,899 views for this posting.

Lovely suspense Jeff.

Kitty is home from the vet and as playful as ever. We named him Socks, because he has 4 white feet. We are doing our best to keep him calm for the next few days, but he isn't having any of it! He wants to run and play! I hope he isn't hurting tomorrow (or pop a stitch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning Coolers!

Shots, how lovely you adopted the kitty. I once had one growing up, but...unfortunately, had to be put to rest due to a severe infection. Enjoy your Socks!

Had to smile all the way through the cake thriller. Demel in Vienna is the "mostest". Tried the cake at the Hotel Sacher and was totally underwhelmed. Who knew?

Hope socks got some rest!

Sophia I meant to tell you our flights from LHR are the day of the cruise, we will have to catch up once aboard.

Jeff hope your experience as a matador left you intact.

Terry, aren't you almost ready to go? Suitcases packed, cameras at the ready?

I awoke early to dogs demanding to go out. I am dog sitting for DD who has gone to Houston with DH to visit other son. After feeding and watering the ornery critters, I started to tackle the "clean out the garage" project. It's about 100 per cent humidity and 82 F. After about an hour of pitching stuff, I am drenched in a glow(sweat). I can't believe the stuff that is in the garage, but it isn't the cars. No room for them!

Found sons army duffles, does he want them still? I await his answer to my text. Found DD lemonade stand! Does she still want it? I somehow doubt it, but who knows. And yes we have too much stuff having not moved in over forty years.

I took a break to have some coffee, I hope it doesn't turn into a procrastination break.

I can also see camp trunks stacked up next to a portable baby crib....

Way in the back is a bed I made for DS when he was climbing out of his crib, which then was passed along to DD.

Atop that is a dollhouse, one of those enormous things.

I just threw away some old outdoor Christmas decorations.

Spins, you are being visited by beautiful memories. Tell DD and DS that if they want to keep anything, they should retrieve it. When we moved to the States and the kids were already in the States in college, I did not ask, and DD and DS sometimes remind me of "stuff" that they would have kept. However, at that time, had I asked, they would have said Throw it Out! Now it's not forgotten... Oh well.

Camillus,

I agree they need to take the stuff they want.

Son just phoned me, wondering why his duffles were in the garage!

I found that they had luggage tags on them from a graduate fellowship he did in Paris about four years ago. I guess he just left them rolled up and stuff went on top of them.

Ugh.

Terry, aren't you almost ready to go? Suitcases packed, cameras at the ready?

Appreciate these good questions from Spins. Yes, it is now six days till we get on an American Airlines jet to go to Philadelphia and Lisbon/Portugal. Weather forecasts for Lisbon looks great for our five days in their capital city prior to starting our cruise on the Silver Spirit on June 14. Sorry, our suitcases are not packed, nor even close!! Still a few camera things to do. Got lots to do to clean out memory space on my laptop.

BUT, yesterday I got the prescriptions to cover the period when we are gone, got my haircut this morning, etc. Need to go to the bank to get some euro's to take with me. Lots of "things" to do, but making some progress. Have a Board meeting Wednesday and other work projects, etc., for this coming week. Am 100% recovered from the kidney stone situation. Weather here in Central Ohio has been wonderful. Most mid 70'sF between now and when we leave next Friday. Super nice Wall Street Journal profile this morning on the French island of Ile de Re. It is a charming beach retreat favored by in-the-know Parisians that is a little north of Bordeaux. Anybody been to Ile de Re along the Atlantic Coast?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 51,173 views for these postings.

Cam,

The duffles were empty.

Once DS brought home some shiners in his camp trunk. He had spent a lot of his weekly camp allowance on them and wanted to bring them home. Unfortunately, they did not survive the trip and managed to escape. Pretty nasty to unpack that trunk, but it makes me smile now.

BTW, shiners are prized worms for fishing.

Terry we were lucky enough to attend a wedding in Ile de Re in September 2016. The island itself is very pretty with long sandy beaches and many kilometres of cycle tracks. The small towns are most attractive. Local food specialities are oysters, sea salt and their delicious Pineau wine, first made 400 years ago when wine and cognac were mixed in a barrel accidentally! What a happy mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk