Universal after cruise

inar

Arriving back at Port Canaveral on Feb 11th and have a late flight out around 630pm. Was thinking about spending the day at Universal Studios. Any ideas of the best way to get there? Any shuttles? Where can we store our luggage? Thanks

the solution most recommended is to rent a car and drive

then your luggage can sit in the trunk

options are few ..... no regular shuttle, and a car with a driver charges by the hour and still leaves the issue of what to do with your bags.

one way rentals from PC to MCO are common. Companies at or near the port (with shuttles to take you ship to car place) National, Enterprise, Alamo, Hertz, Budget, Dollar, Thrifty, Avis and Payless ....

prices change hourly ... there is no 'best place' to rent from.

EDIZTORIAL COMMENT from a local: wrt to your 'late flight' consider these "factors"

- from the time you get off the ship, to the rental place, get the car and drive to Universal is gonna be 1.5 to 2 hours. Depending on the parking at Universal you can expect another 30 minutes or more to get into the park - just getting from your car to the ticket place, thru the entertainment place to the gates for Islands or Studios park ... (I'm gonna assume off the ship at 8am, meaning thru customs and getting on a rental shuttle)

- leaving the park, between getting to the car, driving to MCO and turning in the car 1 to 1.5 hours (assuming no problems) with gassing up add another 15 to 30 minutes.

- I always like to be IN MCO a minimum of 2 hours b4 my flight as security can be brutal (this may be the minimum checkin reqmt for an international flight .... check it)

My math says you will have from 10 to 3:30 to enjoy the park, for the price of full day tickets plus parking plus the rental car ... if it is busy and you know where you want to go 4 rides maybe .... if what you really want to see is Harry Potter Land, this is split over the two parks of Universal so to see it all you must buy the two park ticket (more expensive yet)

Just mentioning this if you have no idea of the timeline realities ..... if you are cool with these hours, have fun! For me, a 'late flight' in this situation would be leaving at midnight or 1 am allowing me to be at Universal until it closed or nearly so ....

Edited by Capt_BJ

I agree with the CAPT - KSC, a water park or a day at the beach before heading to MCO sound like better options to me - spending $100+ per person for only a few hours at a theme park.

Edited by JohninDC