Magic, Sunshine or Conquest???

thecarpentersx4

We are taking our 3rd cruise in April with our 2 sons, 18yr and 15yr. This time we are going to let them take friends, as well. Our first two cruises have been on the Victory and we have throughly enjoyed it; however since we are taking their friends, we are going to drive to the port instead of fly. These 3 ships have great itineraries the week we are planning to go and are in decent driving distance. Which ship would you suggest and why?

I vote for the Magic!

Great layout with TONS for the kids to do. I know Sunshine has a lot of the same options, but from what I've read, all of their public spaces are alot smaller.

We are going on the Magic for the first time in June, but we've been on the Breeze twice, and they are sisters.

They have the ropes course, the two waterslides, mini golf, sports square, etc.

I think they'll have a blast!

Let us know what you decide.:D:D

I did the Sunshine last year and loved it. But I'm looking forward to the Magic next October. The Sunshine has a lot of small areas and tight spaces, so don't plan to be in a hurry. But I'm also looking forward to eating at Guy's barbecue on the Magic

Honestly you can't choose badly with a cruise. So enjoy whatever you choose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off the Sunshine this morning this is the second time on her this year. I have sailed the Conquest as well, but not the Magic. I think your boys will enjoy the Sunshine as there are many different options for activities and tons of food venues. I only found tight spaces where the Guys Burgers and the Blue Iguana burrito bar leads into the Market Place. I think no matter which ship you choose they will enjoy.

Edited by Cruzlover7

1)Sunshine

2)Magic

3) Conquest

Reason - Sunshine has better food options but all the same amenities as Magic. Having sailed both recently, Sunshine is 3006 passengers; Magic 4600+. There is not a proportional increase in staff and you can tell.

You won't go wrong with any of them though...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1)Sunshine

2)Magic

3) Conquest

Reason - Sunshine has better food options but all the same amenities as Magic. Having sailed both recently, Sunshine is 3006 passengers; Magic 4600+. There is not a proportional increase in staff and you can tell.

You won't go wrong with any of them though...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have done Dream 3x and now Magic and they never seemed that crowded. Do not believe either ship holds 4600 passengers though.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off a Christmas Cruise on the Magic last week and are contemplating what ship to pick for next year.

When comparing ships it looks like no coffee shop on the Sunshine??? Can anyone validate that? I find that a weird thing to have on almost all other ships and not on Sunshine since it is one of the larger boats.

Thanks!

We just got off Conquest with 3 kids, Not our favorite ship especially for families with kids. They don't have waterworks, only one waterslide and don't have some other sportsdeck stuff like ropes course.. We did 15 days on the Sunshine and didn't want to leave, loved that ship.

I'd say:

1. sunshine

2. magic

3. conquest

I've been on both the Sunshine and the Conquest, and I would choose the Sunshine again of the two. I'm going on the Magic next week, so I don't have an opinion on that ship yet.

I liked the layout of the Sunshine better, especially the main pool area. The Serenity deck is awesome, with a pool and a nice waterfall. Plus, I liked the bar area two levels above the Serenity pool (up where the waterfall starts). Also, it's nice that the waterworks and all the water slides are way in the back of the ship and out of the way, which reduces the amount of kids running around the main pool area.

I also liked the Ocean Plaza a lot on the Sunshine and the way it leads to the Red Frog Pub.

However, the comedy club on the Sunshine has a horrible layout, where about half of the tables and seats are on the sides of the stage that face a wall with TVs to watch the show. You definitely need to get in line early on the Sunshine if you want to see a comedy show.

We just got off a Christmas Cruise on the Magic last week and are contemplating what ship to pick for next year.

When comparing ships it looks like no coffee shop on the Sunshine??? Can anyone validate that? I find that a weird thing to have on almost all other ships and not on Sunshine since it is one of the larger boats.

Thanks!

Yes, the Sunshine has a coffee bar that shares space with the Shake Spot.