Southern Carib Itinerary in Summer - Best Ship?? Vista, Magic, Splendor???

Yellowlily

Pre-planning a summer cruise...looking at southern carib. itineraries because it's our favorite. Trying to compare the ships that I see sailing in the summer months to South. Carib.

Can't seem to tell about Vista - looks amazing but reviews aren't as good as I was hoping.is this ship too big???

Magic - looks really good

Splendor - don't have as much as other ships and ranks ok??

What's important to us:

1. Intinerary

2. Good food - really wanted to try Guy's Burger Joint on Carnival plus we also like specialty dining (loved Scarlett's years ago on Valor - was a highlight!)

3. Live Music - gotta have it, doesn't matter what type, just like to listen and relax poolside or late at night, or steel drums upon arriving at a new island, whatever the case, music is really important to us

4. Good kids programming

5. Comfort

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

I would also choose the Magic.:D:D:D She is getting stellar reviews right now and seems to be their highest rated ship...

Vista, I agree, not loving the reviews, nor the pictures of the ship. Sounds like they made all of the public areas super small.

I've never been on Splendor, but many seem to like her.

Magic just has WAY more to offer than Splendor........

Let us know what you decide. We are on our first Magic cruise in June, and have been on the Breeze twice. She was our favorite, but then they moved her to Galveston!:mad::mad:

We chose Magic for next August for a lot of the reasons listed above (although for Eastern bc of the week we needed).

Splendor just didn't have the water park that the others had and for our week, Vista was going west, which we did last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just did Vista and have Magic planned for next year. I don't think you can go wrong with either.....base it on the better itinerary.

How did you like the Vista? Did you think the main areas were big enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you like the Vista? Did you think the main areas were big enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked her, there are some kinks that still need to be ironed out, mainly by the crew, but I thought the crowds were well dispersed. I'm booked on her again in 6 months.