Transatlantic fares up? When to get best fares?

Eric2005

Just called to ask about Trans-Atlantic in 2017. Fares are considerably higher than what I paid this year. Is there a better time to find good fares? Are fares prices the same from the UK as from the US? I was shocked to meet a passenger who had paid only £499 from Southampton to New York with air fare back included. Where can I find these fares?

Just called to ask about Trans-Atlantic in 2017. Fares are considerably higher than what I paid this year. Is there a better time to find good fares? Are fares prices the same from the UK as from the US? I was shocked to meet a passenger who had paid only £499 from Southampton to New York with air fare back included. Where can I find these fares?

So that is about £71 per day. Queen Victoria was offering a very similar daily price for its January sailing to FLL. I think the prices are there but you need to keep a look out and possibly wait for the right time just as Lanky Lad suggested. The sterling value to the US dollar won't help.

Edited by mandranuc
addition

It's impossible to predict what will happen with TA fares. Some have seen the ridiculously low prices that you mention, and others have seen late fares go up. Cunard uses an algorithm that constantly adjusts pricing according to booking deman. Their business goal is to maximize revenue yield on every sailing. Last September a forum member waited and waited for a late TA deal but the ship sold out. You must be prepared to possibly miss out if you wait for a deal that never happens.

Book and agreeable price and don't look back after final payment. Once on board don't get into any "How much did you pay?" discussions. It's far too late to do anything bout it and those who boast want you to think that they outsmarted everyone else on board.

If you can figure out the pricing alogrithm you will find stock portfolio management much more worth the time and effort.