Anyone know what the Dream is getting in drydock

NOSaints1

We were on the Dream over Christmas (debarking yesterday AM). They said they were replacing a lot of stuff during drydock. New carpet, new tile, upgraded wifi, total rehab of the stage and backstage areas, total rehab of many public spaces, etc. They were really evasive about the propulsion issues when I asked the Chief Engineer. :-)

They have had contractors on board during the last two voyages to do behind the scenes work in preparation for drydock, but we didn't see any evidence of this during our cruise.

Can't wait to see what she looks like after drydock!

We were on the Dream over Christmas (debarking yesterday AM). They said they were replacing a lot of stuff during drydock. New carpet, new tile, upgraded wifi, total rehab of the stage and backstage areas, total rehab of many public spaces, etc. They were really evasive about the propulsion issues when I asked the Chief Engineer. :-)

They have had contractors on board during the last two voyages to do behind the scenes work in preparation for drydock, but we didn't see any evidence of this during our cruise.

Hope they can fix the propulsion issue, when we did the Dream earlier this year to ports had to be shortened. GC didnt really affect us but the shorter stay in Cozumel did.

Hope they can fix the propulsion issue' date=' when we did the Dream earlier this year to ports had to be shortened. GC didnt really affect us but the shorter stay in Cozumel did.[/quote']

Oh that's horrible. That must have been frustrating for sure. Port time seems short enough as it is. We had no problems whatsoever. We were even 45 minutes early to Grand Cayman (tendered port). I was worried about this, but we had no issues on the Christmas cruise.

Edited by Cthinva

Hope they can fix the propulsion issue' date=' when we did the Dream earlier this year to ports had to be shortened. GC didnt really affect us but the shorter stay in Cozumel did.[/quote']

I followed the propulsion thread closely before our 12/4/2016 Dream cruise but we had no issues in that regard. Top speed I ever noticed was around 20 knots and that was on the last sea day. Mainly it seemed to be around 17 knots. Our itinerary was he longer one (Ocho, Cayman, Coz) and none of our port hours were altered. I brought up the propulsion issue to a couple of different crew members and none acknowledged it or acted like they knew about it.

I am guessing that the winds, current, etc., plays a role too.

This is second hand information but a friend just posted this on our FB page.

We are on the Magic now, we met one of the guys involved with the Dream Drydock last night in the Alchemy bar. The WILL be an Alchemy bar on the Dream where oceans Plaza currently is. They will modify the far wall by red frog pub and add additional seating for Alchemy. Also.for sure is guys burgers, pig and anchor and blue iguana burritos, etc. And more surprised we were told. He hinted at a few of them but would not tell us for sure.

I bet the rehab of the stage and back stage will do away with the current Dream shows (which I think are some of Carnival's best) to bring in the wonderful playlist productions. Which I think are not very good

This is second hand information but a friend just posted this on our FB page.

We are on the Magic now, we met one of the guys involved with the Dream Drydock last night in the Alchemy bar. The WILL be an Alchemy bar on the Dream where oceans Plaza currently is. They will modify the far wall by red frog pub and add additional seating for Alchemy. Also.for sure is guys burgers, pig and anchor and blue iguana burritos, etc. And more surprised we were told. He hinted at a few of them but would not tell us for sure.

Do you know if the dream will have a Red Frog Pub? If so, we wanna change our cruise from the Breeze to the Dream in March 2017. The Breeze is going to be drydocked shortly after our cruise, and the Dream will be as good as new!

Do you know if the dream will have a Red Frog Pub? If so, we wanna change our cruise from the Breeze to the Dream in March 2017. The Breeze is going to be drydocked shortly after our cruise, and the Dream will be as good as new!

If you want to make a change to your booking you best do it sooner rather than latter. Penalty phase begins at final payment. And yes moving your booking is considered a cancel. Here is the info from Carnival's FAQ:

From the final payment date to 56 days prior to sailing (or 46 days prior to sailing for cruises 5 days or less), the penalty is the deposit amount.

From 55 days prior to sailing to 30 days prior to sailing (or 45 to 30 days prior to sailing on cruises 5 days or less), the penalty is 50% of the total fare or the deposit amount, whichever is greater.

From 29 to15 days prior to sailing, the penalty is 75% of the total fare or the deposit amount, whichever is greater.

From 14 days prior to sailing to the day of your cruise, the penalty is 100%* of the total fare.

If you want to make a change to your booking you best do it sooner rather than latter. Penalty phase begins at final payment. And yes moving your booking is considered a cancel. Here is the info from Carnival's FAQ:

From the final payment date to 56 days prior to sailing (or 46 days prior to sailing for cruises 5 days or less), the penalty is the deposit amount.

From 55 days prior to sailing to 30 days prior to sailing (or 45 to 30 days prior to sailing on cruises 5 days or less), the penalty is 50% of the total fare or the deposit amount, whichever is greater.

From 29 to15 days prior to sailing, the penalty is 75% of the total fare or the deposit amount, whichever is greater.

From 14 days prior to sailing to the day of your cruise, the penalty is 100%* of the total fare.

Thanks for the help. We have about a week to change, but red from pub is a MUST. We like the ports much better, just need a pub!!

I bet the rehab of the stage and back stage will do away with the current Dream shows (which I think are some of Carnival's best) to bring in the wonderful playlist productions. Which I think are not very good

We did the Behind the Fun tour on the last day. One of the stops was to the backstage area and two of the dancers mentioned that they were leaving when the ship goes to drydock. They mentioned that the "old shows" will be replaced by the new shows during drydock. They were sad, because they were longtime members of casts doing the old review-type shows but they were happy to not have to perform the new shows.

Does a ship get a new crew after drydock?

This was mentioned on the Behind the Fun Tour too. The entire crew is staying together during the drydock and are doing deep cleaning and the like. They are replacing a large part of the dance troupe because of the change over from the old to new style shows, but I got the impression that the crew wasn't busting up during this change.

They CURRENTLY have a Red Frog bar on the Lido deck. I don't know what the plans are for it though. Is the Red Frog Pub different?

Edited by Cthinva

They CURRENTLY have a Red Frog bar on the Lido deck. I don't know what the plans are for it though. Is the Red Frog Pub different?

Very much so. It is a pub style bar on the ship. Tables and games usually accompany the pub.

• 3 weeks later...