Cozumel Taxi

liquorstore

8d5291ae67be4b7812859d78ea72a4ee.jpg

Here are taxi prices from earlier this month in Cozumel. The conversion to pesos was 1 USD equals 20 pesos. I usually haggle a better price if I walk away from the taxi stand and hail one on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Margaritaville is now located at the International Pier - and that's a good thing. The loud music was pretty bad if you were seated on Rolandi's terrace and trying to have a nice meal and conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by smokinmike

Margaritaville is now located at the International Pier - and that's a good thing. The loud music was pretty bad if you were seated on Rolandi's terrace and trying to have a nice meal and conversation.

Okay, when did that happen? OP won't need a taxi after all. Just walk over.

So looking at the photos, is it only accessible for people docking at International now?

Agree with you about Rolandii's!

We were down for three weeks - mid Nov thru the first week of Dec and the move was happening then. We did the 12 meter America's Cup sloop race excursion and the Sand Dollar shack on the IP was the meet point. The new Margaritaville is near there. As far as access to the IP if you aren't a passenger or have some other reason to be there . . . beats me. Margaritaville isn't on my agenda but I know that it's a popular place. I'm just glad they moved away from Rolandi's - maybe a nice quiet tattoo shop will move into their old digs.

Margaritaville isn't on my agenda but I know that it's a popular place. I'm just glad they moved away from Rolandi's - maybe a nice quiet tattoo shop will move into their old digs.

NAH! Wet Wendy's/Thirsty Cougar or A revamped Sr Frogs or Carlos and Charlies on the rebound will move in. hehe.

We actually have a lunch date at Jeannies which was apparently near the original Margaritaville.

Yeah,it's on the other side from Rolandii's so you will still need taxi. They are right at the southern edge of town.

Edited by c-leg5

We were down for three weeks - mid Nov thru the first week of Dec and the move was happening then. We did the 12 meter America's Cup sloop race excursion and the Sand Dollar shack on the IP was the meet point. The new Margaritaville is near there. As far as access to the IP if you aren't a passenger or have some other reason to be there . . . beats me. Margaritaville isn't on my agenda but I know that it's a popular place. I'm just glad they moved away from Rolandi's - maybe a nice quiet tattoo shop will move into their old digs.

Yeah not on my agenda either! Pity there aren't any decent bars at International but it does seem strange moving it there from a property that anyone could access.

The gossip here is that we are getting a TGIFridays at the old Margaritaville site. Not sure about entering IP for Margaritaville but I am going to IP for new badge today and I will ask.

TGIFridays huh? Maybe I can get a Chocolate Chip Cookie Margarita and watch some guys toss liquor bottles over their heads. If the music isn't obnoxious, I'll be happy.

I checked with the office at the pier. Right now anyone with a cruise Passanger ID can enter International Port to go to Margaritaville. They are still working on a way to allow locals.

yes but isn't that only a ship that is docked at International, it used to be that way?

Edited by c-leg5

yes but isn't that only a ship that is docked at International, it used to be that way?

The new rule for entry into International Pier is that if you have a Cruise ID from ANY cruise-line, you may enter to go to Margarittaville!

8d5291ae67be4b7812859d78ea72a4ee.jpg

Here are taxi prices from earlier this month in Cozumel. The conversion to pesos was 1 USD equals 20 pesos. I usually haggle a better price if I walk away from the taxi stand and hail one on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for posting prices. We will be heading straight to the east side beaches - will the cab drivers still arrange a specific pick up time? I was reading some info on TA that suggested that they wouldn't - that you should hire one for a certain number of hours and have them wait. On every island we've been to, including many stops (and a couple land trips) to Coz, we've always been able to arrange a time for the driver to come back. Hoping we can still do this.

Nice to know that the Margaritaville has moved closer to the pier.

Thanks for posting prices. We will be heading straight to the east side beaches - will the cab drivers still arrange a specific pick up time? I was reading some info on TA that suggested that they wouldn't - that you should hire one for a certain number of hours and have them wait. On every island we've been to, including many stops (and a couple land trips) to Coz, we've always been able to arrange a time for the driver to come back. Hoping we can still do this.

Nice to know that the Margaritaville has moved closer to the pier.

If you have done it before, (to the east side), then I don't think anything has changed. I would do it on a land visit but I would be less inclined to risk it on a cruise ship day. Depends which beach club and how long you intend to stop. Punta Morena has told me they would be willing to call for a taxi but Rastas has told me cell phone service is not reliable. Depending how long you are going to be I think some taxis will wait anyway because they don't feel it is worth driving all the way out to come back again.

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...

Would someone kindly reconfirm the taxi situation in Cozumel? If we want to take a taxi to the shopping area, will we be able to get a taxi from any area to go back to the ship, or are all of the taxi's at the south end of the shopping strip? We are assuming there are plenty of taxis from the ship to the shopping area. Thank you.