what do you do with your luggage

TheCalicoCat

When you are touring on your own after the cruise before you can check-in.

Specifically, I am thinking about seeing the space needle after my Alaska cruise, but my hotel will be near the airport (20-ish miles away).

I'm not sure what to do with my luggage...

Specifically, I am thinking about seeing the space needle after my Alaska cruise, but my hotel will be near the airport (20-ish miles away).

Rent a vehicle from Enterprise and they will pick you up and you can keep your luggage in the vehicle till you get to the hotel. Cheaper than storage.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

This is what I’d do. I would take Shuttle Express https://shuttleexpress.com/?gclid=CJ3-npToldECFQ-dfgodalcMzw to Sea-Tac airport, they might drop you off at your hotel, then catch the hotel shuttle to the hotel, check in and then take the light rail into town http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/lightrail.htm . This way you have the whole day to explore Seattle without having to worry about picking your bags up at pm. Here’s a link to Sea-Tac airport https://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Pages/default.aspx

Both cruise terminals have luggage storage for $3/bag. Must be picked up by 3:30pm. I’ve seen posts by folks suggesting renting a car as well for convenience as regreuenhaus noted. Also, dropping them at a hotel with the concierge with a decent tip. Might work if you had points at that hotel even if you’re not staying there.

After figuring out the logistics and cost just to store your bags, you might again, consider staying closer to downtown. Check the Silver Cloud South Lake Union. They are a bit cheaper and get consistently good reviews. They also provide a shuttle to/from the Space Needle and downtown.

Thanks.

Light rail back from the airport hotel sounds doable & the lack of a time limit makes it sound the lest stressful option as well.

(We have an early flight in the morning, so I feel better staying closer to the airport. I'll check out the other hotel for our pre-cruise stay though - hopefully it is affiliated with our points program.)

Luggage storage at pier concierge is from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Cost is $3.00 per bag, cash only. The number I have for the Cruise Seattle Concierge is (206) 441-6666. If you need luggage storage past 3:30, the Edgewater Hotel would be your best bet. Right next to P66, $5.00/bag, unlimited hours. (Phone:206-728-7000, http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/)

NOTE: On the same subject, but a different location than Seattle, if you are coming off a cruise ship in Vancouver, B.C., you can store your luggage at "Priority Baggage" at Canada Place. They will also forward your luggage to the airport for a fee.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Thanks.

Glad to be able to help. If you find that any info I provided has changed, please let me know so I can update what I have. I would certainly appreciate it.

Have a great New Year. I hope that 2017 will be better for you than 2016 was and not quite as good as 2018 will be!

Tom