No water taxi?

216Cruiser

Hello - I'm wondering about a water taxi from maybe West Bay or elsewhere in that area over to Rum Point area? I've read that they used to have them and no longer do. I've also read that a company was going to start this service again soon or have started it already? I just can't find any concrete, up to date info. I'll be there in mid February 2017 (soon, woo!) and was really looking forward to visiting both areas but it doesn't seem very feasible to do so without that service.

If not, why wouldn't they? It seems like an easy money maker and would be very popular.

Thank you.

Edited by 216Cruiser

Hello - I'm wondering about a water taxi from maybe West Bay or elsewhere in that area over to Rum Point area? I've read that they used to have them and no longer do. I've also read that a company was going to start this service again soon or have started it already? I just can't find any concrete, up to date info. I'll be there in mid February 2017 (soon, woo!) and was really looking forward to visiting both areas but it doesn't seem very feasible to do so without that service.

If not, why wouldn't they? It seems like an easy money maker and would be very popular.

Thank you.

There were independent water taxi operators who can take you there, and pick you up later. They take cash only.

Enjoy your cruise.

I believe there is now a ferry from Camana Bay shopping center to Rum Point. Do a search for Camana Bay ferry.

Hmmm...from what I'm reading, this is new as of this summer. Website seems to claim there's one, but I will say I've never personally seen it. And we do go to Camana Bay by boat fairly often. Could be useful if it is regular and reliable, though.

http://camanabay.com/cayman-ferries/

Hmmm...from what I'm reading, this is new as of this summer. Website seems to claim there's one, but I will say I've never personally seen it. And we do go to Camana Bay by boat fairly often. Could be useful if it is regular and reliable, though.

Wow, this would be almost perfect, as I settled for renting a cabana at Royal Palms but not sure if I want to stay there all day. It's right across the street! I'd really like to check out Rum Point / Starfish Point, maybe I can do both now!

Thanks you two!

I also read that it started running over the summer, but I won't be there to check it out until March. 216Cruiser, if you end up using it, please let us know.

Wow, this would be almost perfect, as I settled for renting a cabana at Royal Palms but not sure if I want to stay there all day. It's right across the street! I'd really like to check out Rum Point / Starfish Point, maybe I can do both now!

Thanks you two!

FYI, Starfish Point is closest to the Kaibo, not Rum Point. From Rum Point, it would be about a half hour walk (maybe more?) in the sun.

FYI, Starfish Point is closest to the Kaibo, not Rum Point. From Rum Point, it would be about a half hour walk (maybe more?) in the sun.

You're crushing my dreams, Bookbabe.

Hahaha, maybe I'm just too ambitious. I'd like to somewhat affordably be able to in no particular order:

See Rum Point and maybe eat there.

Get in a little beach time, preferable not a crowded one.

See some starfish at Starfish Point.

In port, tendering from 7-4.

BTW, I've seen a lot of your posts here and there and I definitely appreciate them.

Hahaha, maybe I'm just too ambitious. I'd like to somewhat affordably be able to in no particular order:

BTW, I've seen a lot of your posts here and there and I definitely appreciate them.

Not a water taxi, but it seems this company do a tour to the area or could customize.

http://caymanroutes.com

Edited by c-leg5
Added link

Check out Nativeway. They should have a tour with all that.

And thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Did you look into a rental car? That's the other option for getting to the Rum Point area...

Yes. I'd like to have a few drinks and adding that with driving on the opposite side of the road doesn't sound like a great idea to me, haha. Thanks for the thought, though.