Advice on cabin availability please?

soraya

I haven't cruised with HAL for a while (somehow, it's over 10 years) and am looking at a 27 day Asia cruise on Dec 20 2017. I'd like to choose the cabin, but HAL are only showing one aft cabin as available. But if I look at the cruise as two 14 day cruises, there are loads of cabins available for both segments. I know cruise companies can have quirks, but would HAL have any reason for this? I'm bit confused. As we're in the UK, I dont think I can book this and move cabin later.

We had such a bad experience on P&O's Adonia last year the one and only time I booked a guarantee cabin that I wouldn't do it again, but would love to book this cruise.

I haven't cruised with HAL for a while (somehow, it's over 10 years) and am looking at a 27 day Asia cruise on Dec 20 2017. I'd like to choose the cabin, but HAL are only showing one aft cabin as available. But if I look at the cruise as two 14 day cruises, there are loads of cabins available for both segments. I know cruise companies can have quirks, but would HAL have any reason for this? I'm bit confused. As we're in the UK, I dont think I can book this and move cabin later.

We had such a bad experience on P&O's Adonia last year the one and only time I booked a guarantee cabin that I wouldn't do it again, but would love to book this cruise.

I would call HAL and talk to a cruise consultant. They can most likely book the cabin you want and then you can transfer it to a TA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When HAL sells some individual cruises combined into Collectors' Cruises as well, they reserve some cabins for each way of selling. It makes it easier for them that way, since clients on the longer cruises won't have to move mid-cruise.

Contact your TA and tell them what it is you want. They should be able to have HAL take a cabin out of inventory for you to book the entire cruise, without changing cabins.

After all, HAL does want to sell both cruises.

Thanks for this. I live in the UK but have always used a US TA for their flexibility. I can't do that at the moment as the exchange rates are all over the place! I'm going to try a UK TA and see if they can do this - if not, I'll try HAL UK and see what they can do.

Edited by soraya

Whenever i make a reservation, I first try a faux reservation on the HAL website, and see what cabins are available and get a price.

I then contact my TA, and she always gives me a better price, and finds many more cabins that are available than were on HAL webstie. So, for reasons unknown to me, HAL does not display all the available cabins on their website, but a TA should have access to that information.