Recent poker players

skeeter195

Has anyone played in the tournaments recently on NCL. I just saw the dailies from a recent Breakaway cruise and all of the tournaments were satlites for next years main event. In September there was 1 sat and 2 regular ones. I know they are horrible tournaments but I win a lot of them. The last 12 I played on NCL I won 7 and chopped 3 others. It would be shame if there are only the satelites now.

Has anyone played in the tournaments recently on NCL. I just saw the dailies from a recent Breakaway cruise and all of the tournaments were satlites for next years main event. In September there was 1 sat and 2 regular ones. I know they are horrible tournaments but I win a lot of them. The last 12 I played on NCL I won 7 and chopped 3 others. It would be shame if there are only the satelites now.

I was just on the Epic and they had both satellites and regular tournaments. I think the reg were $80 buy in. They had at least two, but I hear some guys saying they didn't get enough players to get up the first one.

I was just on the Epic and they had both satellites and regular tournaments. I think the reg were $80 buy in. They had at least two, but I hear some guys saying they didn't get enough players to get up the first one.

Its sheer greed that they cant get a couple of tables filled from 4,000 passengers. Both the "superturbo" tourneys and the cash games NCL cream so much off the top that most regular players know to avoid both.

I agree, but if you play smart and fast the tournaments are very, very easy. The cash games also if you hit and run. In my last 6 cruises I have made money on every one from poker any where from $400-3800. I used to not play because of the rake and I can see a grinder having trouble with a game like this but for the right player it can be very profitable. Most players have a hard time playing the correct way in a game like this even if they want to most can't make the adjustment.

I agree, but if you play smart and fast the tournaments are very, very easy. The cash games also if you hit and run. In my last 6 cruises I have made money on every one from poker any where from $400-3800. I used to not play because of the rake and I can see a grinder having trouble with a game like this but for the right player it can be very profitable. Most players have a hard time playing the correct way in a game like this even if they want to most can't make the adjustment.

But as you know, the rake is an issue when you are winning, not when you are losing since the pot winner pays the rake. In the long run it is close to impossible to beat a 10% uncapped rake unless you just happen to fill the table with complete rec players. Sure, with small sample size and generally bad players as found on cruise ships, you can make some money, but in the long run, getting an extra 20, 30, or even 50 bucks (when stacks go in) pulled from the pot will catch up.

I do think the cruise line would get many more players if the structure wasn't so terrible but maybe they don't want them. I know when I was on the ship, the 2-5 cash game only ran from like 8pm to 1am and this was a sold out cruise.

Finally to answer your initial question, when I was on last month, there were both... sats to their event on the Epic as well as standard tournaments.

But as you know, the rake is an issue when you are winning, not when you are losing since the pot winner pays the rake. In the long run it is close to impossible to beat a 10% uncapped rake unless you just happen to fill the table with complete rec players. Sure, with small sample size and generally bad players as found on cruise ships, you can make some money, but in the long run, getting an extra 20, 30, or even 50 bucks (when stacks go in) pulled from the pot will catch up.

I do think the cruise line would get many more players if the structure wasn't so terrible but maybe they don't want them. I know when I was on the ship, the 2-5 cash game only ran from like 8pm to 1am and this was a sold out cruise.

Finally to answer your initial question, when I was on last month, there were both... sats to their event on the Epic as well as standard tournaments.

The rake was 10% with a $25 cap.

• 3 months later...

Can you share some of your tips on winning the tournaments?

That's what my post a few days ago was about. I was shocked to hear they are a 2/5 Cash game. People/tourists are intimidated enuff to play 1/2. I was surprised people even play 2/5

I play professionally and have so for 4 years being sponsored with 888 and 3Bet. And yes. Play is Horrible! That's why I can't determine weather someone would play 2/5 b/c they have the bankroll and are good or tourists playing that don't care to pass the time.

I stay away from all cruise tournaments. But 1/2 on carnival is a breeze.

I'm on the 14 day sailing and usually 2 week cruises don't draw in players as those sailings draw in the retired older crowd. Few inbetwen play nightly

I'll be sailing on the Jan 5th cruise and in the past on these itineraries,we usual have a full table for the 2/5. Mostly the same people every night with some nights having a waiting list of 3-5 people. It will be my 4th long January cruise and a few people at the table are there every year so hopefully this year it's much of the same.

I'll be sailing on the Jan 5th cruise and in the past on these itineraries,we usual have a full table for the 2/5. Mostly the same people every night with some nights having a waiting list of 3-5 people. It will be my 4th long January cruise and a few people at the table are there every year so hopefully this year it's much of the same.

Have u done a 14 day on BA? ur saying the table is full 80% of the nights. That's great news to hear

Now I'll ask. How well is the play? Thst uve witnessed on 14 day trips

Same players. Or

Have u done a 14 day on BA? ur saying the table is full 80% of the nights. That's great news to hear

Now I'll ask. How well is the play? Thst uve witnessed on 14 day trips

Same players. Or

Yep, this will be my 4th 14 day trip on the BA. Its usually full most of the night by roughly the same people, with i would say around a 50/50 of good players and causal players