Celebrity Premium Liquor PKG availability

kldesigns

Have done about 17 cruises with Carnival and doing our first on Celebrity Reflection end of February as friends have raved about food etc.

We've ordered the premium bar package. In checking the bar and dining menus it appears that you can only get certain Liquors in certain Bars. Is this correct that I cannot order a Hendricks Gin or a Highland Park Scotch in each and every bar?

Also what is the protocol for this? Is tipping included on the premium bar bill.

I am hoping that this Reflection cruise won't be a disappoint as I've read that people are not happy with the "too sweet Italian food in the Tuscan Grill" which we've also ordered.

ANYONE HAVE anything good to say about this ship?

Thanks for any advice.

We always get the Go Best package which includes the Premium drink package, unlimited internet, prepaid gratuities and onboard credit. Here is the website that lists what is included:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will be happy with the Premium package. There is one bar, the World Bar, that has drinks exclusive to that bar only, but you can pretty much find what you want at the other bars, as long as you are not looking for something that's very obscure. The package also gives you the freedom to try new drinks, and the martini bar has some of the most fun and creative martinis around!

I have only dined at the Tuscan Grill with the old menu, so I can't comment on 'sweet Italian' food, but I will say that of all the Specialty restaurants onboard, Tuscan is my least favorite. Also, the new menu appears to be almost identical to the one from Portofino's on Royal Caribbean, and it also was not my favorite...While food is a very personal thing, I think most who have tried it will tell you the Lawn Club Grill is a MUST if you plan on specialty dining. You may consider transferring your reservation if you continue to hear off comments about Tuscan.

Have a great cruise!

Have done about 17 cruises with Carnival and doing our first on Celebrity Reflection end of February as friends have raved about food etc.

We've ordered the premium bar package. In checking the bar and dining menus it appears that you can only get certain Liquors in certain Bars. Is this correct that I cannot order a Hendricks Gin or a Highland Park Scotch in each and every bar?

Also what is the protocol for this? Is tipping included on the premium bar bill.

I am hoping that this Reflection cruise won't be a disappoint as I've read that people are not happy with the "too sweet Italian food in the Tuscan Grill" which we've also ordered.

ANYONE HAVE anything good to say about this ship?

Thanks for any advice.

There are lots of good things to say....you will have a great cruise. The comments you see are generally advice, based on personal experience....and keep in mind that things are different ship to ship AND cruise to cruise even on the same ship.

"standard" top shelf brands are at most bars, but you may find that if you want a specific, slightly unusual liquor, it's only at some of the bars...and you'll quickly figure out which ones have what you like; some of the bars are much smaller so obviously they can't stock as much as the large bars.

Gratuity is included in any drink you order that is in your drink package. If you order something not in a drink package, an 18% gratuity will automatically be added. You do not have to leave extra unless you want to...and the waiters/bartenders really don't expect tips, but they, of course, graciously accept them.

Food is highly subjective. The reports of Tuscan serving sweet italian food is true, in our recent experience...but many like sweeter sauces....so sweet isn't bad, it's just the style they've adopted. Some people prefer bland, less seasoned food and others would like it spiced "as it would if one cooked it at home in the country where the dish is from ". If you're in the latter group, as I am, you complain about the bland food. If they cooked for me, many, if not most, would complain about the spicy food.

As I always say, Celebrity is the best of the mass market cruise lines. Keep in mind that most all of them have been cutting services/expenses so "best" means less than it did a few years ago. That's business.....

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise....enjoy.