Auckland Dock Location?

For the visit on 27 December the tenders came into North Wharf adjacent to the Events Centre.

Be aware the queue for the tenders on the return were HUGE. Friends joined the long queue at 2.20pm and it took an hour before they boarded a tender for the return trip. Make sure you have plenty of sunscreen and water.

Pollen Street is about 3 km's, mostly up hill, so taxi would be best.

Does anyone know where the tenders from Ovation are actually docking in Auckland?

I want to visit a store in Pollen St, Auckland & trying to work out best route & whether it's walkable or we will need a taxi.

Thanks.

Depending on what else you are going to do - there is the City Link Buses that circle the city

https://at.govt.nz/bus-train-ferry/bus-services/link-bus-service/

The InnerLink - runs along Ponsonby road - which passes Pollen Street and does a loop back around the inner city areas.

The fares have somewhat 'changed' since I was there last year (bugger) -

https://at.govt.nz/about-us/campaigns/simpler-fares/

There is an all day pass - AT-Top for $N18 - if you want to check out a few areas.

We at Auckland on the 14 Jan (Sat) with Ovation

Tender queues are always long I find, even on the South Pacific Islands - mid afternoon is peak time as well, so we will try & avoid that time. :)

Precisely.

A number of nice bars along North Wharf area from which you could probably sit and watch the tender queue.

I did exactly this recently at both Denarau and Savusavu.

Couldn't understand the desire of others to stand in a long hot queue, when you could sit in the shade watching the tenders come & go whilst enjoying a nice cool drink or two.