Harmony CLS ?

Howie,

I just checked a couple of different sites that I know and it shows no cabins are available. I have read that sometimes when they do occupancy work it shows sold out. I have also read that when the ship is chartered it shows sold out or not showing access to your cruise planner. Since you don't have a booking number you can't log in to check.:confused:

I guess you can try calling RC to see you if your cabin on hold is still available, but it sounds like it may not be. Let me know what you find out. Hopefully it is OK.:eek:

Andrew

andrew

i actually do have a booking number for the jan 20, 2018 and my cabin is still on my site. i also called RC and they guy told me that if it was chartered he would see a different screen color and he doesn't.

he seems to think it is just sold out.

march 5th, 2017 we are going on allure again and it will be our 12th cruise. so when i booked for jan. 2018 i figured i would have plenty of chances to change cabins. i just don't recall over a year out these cruises being completely booked and again especially the western. i guess things are changing. the jan. 2018 cruise was the one i was asking you about the CLS or aqua suite. i held the aqua suite. went back on to see if 1752 opened up and i see cruise is sold out. guess we stay with the aqua suite.

andrew

i actually do have a booking number for the jan 20, 2018 and my cabin is still on my site. i also called RC and they guy told me that if it was chartered he would see a different screen color and he doesn't.

he seems to think it is just sold out.

march 5th, 2017 we are going on allure again and it will be our 12th cruise. so when i booked for jan. 2018 i figured i would have plenty of chances to change cabins. i just don't recall over a year out these cruises being completely booked and again especially the western. i guess things are changing. the jan. 2018 cruise was the one i was asking you about the CLS or aqua suite. i held the aqua suite. went back on to see if 1752 opened up and i see cruise is sold out. guess we stay with the aqua suite.

It is rare that an Oasis Class ship is fully booked this far out but it sounds positive. RC agents aren't known to be 100% correct though.;) Keep your fingers crossed that it remains that way.

If you have anything other questions just ask.

Andrew

It is rare that an Oasis Class ship is fully booked this far out but it sounds positive. RC agents aren't known to be 100% correct though.;) Keep your fingers crossed that it remains that way.

If you have anything other questions just ask.

Andrew

i will ask if i do and thanks..

Starboard side typically gives you pier views, as port gangway is 99% done on that side of the ship. Sometimes in port you are more apt to view another ship across the pier. The good thing is you will be looking down on them from your balcony not into their cabin. Port side usually has water views while docked in the Caribbean.

We were on Oasis last Jan Western and she was docked on Port side two of three docking ports. Coco Cay was bow facing the island and we tendered off the Starboard side. Last cruise on Serenade, she docked mostly Port side.

I think a lot depends if they go now forward or back in (aft). Maybe Harmony is different?

Edited by troykahack

We were on Oasis last Jan Western and she was docked on Port side two of three docking ports. Coco Cay was bow facing the island and we tendered off the Starboard side. Last cruise on Serenade, she docked mostly Port side.

I think a lot depends if they go now forward or back in (aft). Maybe Harmony is different?

Troy, You must be mistaken in regards to Coco Cay. Oasis Class doesn't go there as well as Oasis Class ships do not do tender ports.

I suspect your Oasis Cruise was just a unique situation. As for it docking port side on your cruise for two of it's ports they must have been doing something specific to the starboard side of the ship, either be tender testing, painting etc... as that is not the normal procedure.

On our 17 Oasis Class sailings we have only embarked once from the port side, disembarked once from the port side and docked once one the port side. They were doing tender testing on the embark/disembark days. The one port day we were in Palma and they were off loading garbage from the port side, thus the disembarkation from that side.

They reason why they dock on the starboard side as well as embark/disembark Oasis Class ships is they are designed that way to enable better guest flow. For disembarking/embarking there are large panel doors, about 20' wide, that open to the dual gangway behind the seating of Sorento's and near the Rising Tide Bar on deck 5. I attached a photo showing these spots. If you look there are no large areas like this on the port side of that deck. The one day we disembarked on the port side we did it through the small doors but it did not flow as well in the tight confines.

ffba85f576439a0981ba36a7d49c1a79.jpg

As for port disembarkation on the starboard side, all Oasis Class ships have an escalator that takes cruisers down to the security area one deck lower. When you press the gangway button it takes you down to deck 2 and you then take the escalator down to deck 1. From there you exit the gangway to the pier. These areas don't show on the deck plan. Security is set up on this side to work better than the port side but they can do it. Here's a pic of the escalator and you can just see the security guard's feet and his scan station at the bottom top of the photo.

d78080ff930d57072fb89fd336212995.jpg

Other Classes of RC ships do things differently than Oasis Class. Similar to you when we were on Radiance in Hawaii we did all tendering on the port side.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by A&L_Ont

Troy, You must be mistaken in regards to Coco Cay. Oasis Class doesn't go there as well as Oasis Class ships do not do tender ports.

I suspect your Oasis Cruise was just a unique situation. As for it docking port side on your cruise for two of it's ports they must have been doing something specific to the starboard side of the ship, either be tender testing, painting etc... as that is not the normal procedure.

On our 17 Oasis Class sailings we have only embarked once from the port side, disembarked once from the port side and docked once one the port side. They were doing tender testing on the embark/disembark days. The one port day we were in Palma and they were off loading garbage from the port side, thus the disembarkation from that side.

They reason why they dock on the starboard side as well as embark/disembark Oasis Class ships is they are designed that way to enable better guest flow. For disembarking/embarking there are large panel doors, about 20' wide, that open to the dual gangway behind the seating of Sorento's and near the Rising Tide Bar on deck 5. I attached a photo showing these spots. If you look there are no large areas like this on the port side of that deck. The one day we disembarked on the port side we did it through the small doors but it did not flow as well in the tight confines.

ffba85f576439a0981ba36a7d49c1a79.jpg

As for port disembarkation on the starboard side, all Oasis Class ships have an escalator that takes cruisers down to the security area one deck lower. When you press the gangway button it takes you down to deck 2 and you then take the escalator down to deck 1. From there you exit the gangway to the pier. These areas don't show on the deck plan. Security is set up on this side to work better than the port side but they can do it. Here's a pic of the escalator and you can just see the security guard's feet and his scan station at the bottom top of the photo.

d78080ff930d57072fb89fd336212995.jpg

Other Classes of RC ships do things differently than Oasis Class. Similar to you when we were on Radiance in Hawaii we did all tendering on the port side.

andrew i called RC again....this time the guy tells me a company is holding the 1000 cabins left on the jan. 20, 2018...

so how fast do you think i should cancel this one...lol

I went back and looked, it was actually Labadee were we went, not Coco Cay. Thank you for that correction.

I don't know why we docked on Port side but we enjoyed watching the pier runners from our balcony on Port side???

andrew i called RC again....this time the guy tells me a company is holding the 1000 cabins left on the jan. 20, 2018...

so how fast do you think i should cancel this one...lol

I might need a crystal ball.:D

I went back and looked, it was actually Labadee were we went, not Coco Cay. Thank you for that correction.

I don't know why we docked on Port side but we enjoyed watching the pier runners from our balcony on Port side???

That makes more sense in regards to Labadee. If you were facing the immediate land there then you would have got off the ship on the starboard side.

As for the other ports maybe the captain wanted you to see the pier runners :p I suspect that there was something more going on than the captain just wanting to dock a different way.

Great to see the video of the Harmony 11330 as the referenced video of 11730 on Oasis was from my wife and I last September.

We'll be in CLS 1734 on Harmony in two weeks (1/21 -1/28) just a few doors down from Andrew's rental property :) and we're really looking forward to that as well!

Thanks so much for the compare!!!

John & Debbie

p.s. Andrew . . . thinking years ago we may have been next door to you on an MSC Divina sailing? We know much of you for sure lately, but I seem to remember your screen name from before we paid much attention. We'll be hopefully periscoping for our first time this Harmony cruise (@jmblahnik) using you and many others as our encouragement - it'll be our first time, so be gentle!

Just great information throughout out this thread. I think like you fellows and loved both questions and responses. Have been in 11330 on Oasis before and have always had an aft suite in all my cruises. Might rethink CLS, but can't beat 11330's huge balcony. Since it was originally one of the "secret" locations I did feel the high step into the tub and low bathtub/shower ceiling appeared as a " do what we can" remodeling. Next Oasis class cruise expect a question or two from me. Just not sure it I will miss the larger aft balconies. I assume the CLS balconies are adequate for loungers ? Regards, Gerry.

You're welcome. Enjoy the day. :)
Edited by buckeye rob

Just great information throughout out this thread. I think like you fellows and loved both questions and responses. Have been in 11330 on Oasis before and have always had an aft suite in all my cruises. Might rethink CLS, but can't beat 11330's huge balcony. Since it was originally one of the "secret" locations I did feel the high step into the tub and low bathtub/shower ceiling appeared as a " do what we can" remodeling. Next Oasis class cruise expect a question or two from me. Just not sure it I will miss the larger aft balconies. I assume the CLS balconies are adequate for loungers ? Regards, Gerry.

i am a big fan of nice balconies..i would love to try the CLS but it might be tough to give up the 11730 balcony.

Lol, my kind of people. Planners.:)

say a company is holding all those cabins. eventually book them. do you think that they would also be able to book or reserve an entire specialty restaurant.

we love eating at them.

so we would do the cruise with that company that are holding a lot of cabins unless you think they could buy out the specialty restaurants. that would be a bummer.

any thoughts on this??

Great to see the video of the Harmony 11330 as the referenced video of 11730 on Oasis was from my wife and I last September.

We'll be in CLS 1734 on Harmony in two weeks (1/21 -1/28) just a few doors down from Andrew's rental property :) and we're really looking forward to that as well!

Thanks so much for the compare!!!

John & Debbie

p.s. Andrew . . . thinking years ago we may have been next door to you on an MSC Divina sailing? We know much of you for sure lately, but I seem to remember your screen name from before we paid much attention. We'll be hopefully periscoping for our first time this Harmony cruise (@jmblahnik) using you and many others as our encouragement - it'll be our first time, so be gentle!

LOL, what are the chances that I used the link to your video. As for being down the hall from our "rental", that made me laugh. We have never been on MSC before but whoever you met must have been memorable.:D

As for your periscoping I hope to catch them. Just take your time and do as much or as little as you want. It will go perfectly. :)

CLS have 2 loungers and a side table. I have seen other balconys that stewards have found a couple of extra chairs for their guests. When you get closer to sailing hit me up with your questions.

i am a big fan of nice balconies..i would love to try the CLS but it might be tough to give up the 11730 balcony.

The ATS balconies do destroy the CLS balconies. You will always say something like "when we stayed in the ATS the balcony was so great". Hard to go back, but it is one's preference. That being said I like the CLS cabin over the ATS. If they took the ATS balcony and mated it to the CLS cabin that would be spectacular.:D

say a company is holding all those cabins. eventually book them. do you think that they would also be able to book or reserve an entire specialty restaurant.

we love eating at them.

so we would do the cruise with that company that are holding a lot of cabins unless you think they could buy out the specialty restaurants. that would be a bummer.

any thoughts on this??

In theory I guess there is nothing stopping them, however I doubt they would. Usually a company will have meetings in the day while at sea and let the employees go about their own way with their spouse/family at night and on port days. The owners and higher ranked employees might eat at a few specialty restaurants but I would be surprised if they took over an entire venue.

I could see a wedding group doing this more than a business group. Depending on the business it might misrepresent their fiscal goals to their employees. I'd never do it, but everyone runs their business differently.

In theory I guess there is nothing stopping them, however I doubt they would. Usually a company will have meetings in the day while at sea and let the employees go about their own way with their spouse/family at night and on port days. The owners and higher ranked employees might eat at a few specialty restaurants but I would be surprised if they took over an entire venue.

I could see a wedding group doing this more than a business group. Depending on the business it might misrepresent their fiscal goals to their employees. I'd never do it, but everyone runs their business differently.

so we canceled the cruise with the big company...

we are doing jan 27, 2018...we had a CLS 1756...my wife wated to change to an OS..after plenty of thought about being under the pool deck OR under the huge family sweet we went with 11244.....hope we made an ok choice..

i realize it will probably be on the wrong side but my wife felt better with that choice. who am i to disagree...RIGHT???? lol

so we canceled the cruise with the big company...

we are doing jan 27, 2018...we had a CLS 1756...my wife wated to change to an OS..after plenty of thought about being under the pool deck OR under the huge family sweet we went with 11244.....hope we made an ok choice..

i realize it will probably be on the wrong side but my wife felt better with that choice. who am i to disagree...RIGHT???? lol

Lol, of course she is right. And if not she is anyway.:D

Absolutely. Thanks Andrew. Regards, Gerry.

CLS have 2 loungers and a side table. I have seen other balconys that stewards have found a couple of extra chairs for their guests. When you get closer to sailing hit me up with your questions.

The ATS balconies do destroy the CLS balconies. You will always say something like "when we stayed in the ATS the balcony was so great". Hard to go back, but it is one's preference. That being said I like the CLS cabin over the ATS. If they took the ATS balcony and mated it to the CLS cabin that would be spectacular.:D

Hello,

I am looking at Harmony CLS 1754 and 1750 (1752 is taken).

Can anyone think of any difference at all between the two?

Thoughts from anyone please.

Thank you...

Anyone cruise in 1712? Any info on that cabin? Also is there a hot tub on the suite sundeck now?

Anyone cruise in 1712? Any info on that cabin? Also is there a hot tub on the suite sundeck now?

yep, there is a hot tub on the suite sundeck on harmony.

i was in 1708 on allure, which is in the same location as 1712 on harmony, and the location was great. you're just slightly on the front of the curve so you get a great view. you can lean out over the balcony and see all the people crammed onto the deck, but when sitting on your loungers all you can see is ocean. the whole hall is quiet, and when you're in the loft area you likely won't hear anything from down below, anyway. obviously i can't speak to the furnishings or the exact room since i haven't been in a CL on harmony yet (we'll be in 1752 in feb - this thread is making me think i made a good choice :D ).

we've also been in 12730 on allure, and really loved the balcony, but when it came time to book harmony, the CL won over the ATS. the CL rooms are just stunning. and we like having two bathrooms. :p