Pearl Panama Canal cruise

Treacher1

We are going to sail the Pearl - Panama Canal. We are NOT doing the full transit - to the lake and then turning around to sail back to Miami with several islands on the way. Does anyone know how many locks we will go through since not doing the full transit. Thanks for any information - just curious and anxious.

We are going to sail the Pearl - Panama Canal. We are NOT doing the full transit - to the lake and then turning around to sail back to Miami with several islands on the way. Does anyone know how many locks we will go through since not doing the full transit. Thanks for any information - just curious and anxious.

From the Atlantic side, there is ONE lock to get to the Lake.

You'll go thru the Gatun Lock

3cf2da7875d661c65039fe958ddc1a4f.jpg

Edited by computerworks

Just got back from that cruise...the Gatun Lock(s) are made up of 3 locks....each lock has a rise or fall ( depending on which way your going) of approximately 28 - 30 feet .... I believe the total is about 86 feet. Real interesting , they open up the bow during the transits. The transit back from the lake is a lot less crowded for viewing since a lot of folks leave the ship for excursions.

All in all the cruise was very good... specialty restaurants were all good... most of the shows in the theater were good the two best were the four seasons oh what a night and the final night is the legends in concert which was great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All in all the cruise was very good... specialty restaurants were all good... most of the shows in the theater were good the two best were the four seasons oh what a night and the final night is the legends in concert which was great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are going on this cruise in April. Any chance you would have dallies you could post. I am interested what time the theater shows start. Any information you could provide would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

We are going on this cruise in April. Any chance you would have dallies you could post. I am interested what time the theater shows start. Any information you could provide would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Didn't keep the dailies but have notes on most things....

All shows in the Stardust Theater are at 7:15 and 9:15 each night.

Oh What a Night was on the 2nd night and Legends on the 10th night.

1st and last nights are Welcome and Farewell shows... A little sampling of everything. The other nights were a comedian ...a hypnotist (twice) a card magician and variety show plus a singer. The only show, I think that's sure to be there will be Legends in Concert which was outstanding. Let me know if I can answer anything else.