ATV in Denali and hip replacement...

Gracie115

We are planning our 1st Alaskan trip and one of the things we all want to do is to do one of the ATV excursions in Denali. One of us has a hip replacement and we are trying to determine if the excursion will be okay for her. How bumpy are the ATV's excursions? Will she be disallowed if she reveals her condition. If there is an issue we will find something else to do but thought someone here might have some experience/knowledge in this area. Thanks!

If I were in your circumstances, I would have the person check with her doc. I would have a lot more confidence in a medical opinion than hearing what a cruise line or other people think.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And she intends to that...but just thought hearing from someone who might have "been there, done that" would help.

ATV excursions in Denali.

Just to clarify... None of the ATV excursions take you into Denali National Park. They all cover ground just outside the park. Still some great stuff, but you won't be in the park boundaries.

Which ATV excursions are you looking at? We did the Argo tour with Denali Tundra Tours: http://www.mydenalitours.com/ . I think as long as she isn't driving she'd be fine on that one, or any other tour with a side by side. She might need a little help getting in and out. Any ATV tour where she'd be driving a four-wheeler might be a little much, because you use your whole body to maneuver them.

Just to clarify... None of the ATV excursions take you into Denali National Park. They all cover ground just outside the park. Still some great stuff, but you won't be in the park boundaries.

Which ATV excursions are you looking at? We did the Argo tour with Denali Tundra Tours: http://www.mydenalitours.com/ . I think as long as she isn't driving she'd be fine on that one, or any other tour with a side by side. She might need a little help getting in and out. Any ATV tour where she'd be driving a four-wheeler might be a little much, because you use your whole body to maneuver them.

Thank you for this information, I will pass it on...very helpful.

Most of the ATV tours go on the Denali highway, some go on the stampede road. Both are dirt roads, not highways, and can be bumpy but not necessarily...you can drive around the pot holes, but there are a lot of them....

Thank you!