POA/Hawaii review - 12/24/16

pe4all

Thank you for the review. It's a starting point for me as we are doing this cruise in November. Just a question, is it better to spend 4 days touring before or after the cruise? I see you did it before, just wondering your opinion.

Thank you in advance!

Seeing where you are coming from, I would do the 4 days pre cruise so you can get over the jet lag and then be ready to enjoy your cruise.

Thank you, for sharing your review. I'm sailing this cruise in November and I'm coming from NY too. We are doing the 2 day precruise package. Good to know we can get off the ship and leave our bags.

I wanted to know did the flight feel really long? I never flew more than 5hrs. My DH wants to stop in L.A over night before and after the cruise. I was trying to convince him to go back home nonstop.

My second question is you mention you were able to buy water in the gift shop. Were you talking about the ship gift shop?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Forums mobile app

Thank you, for sharing your review. I'm sailing this cruise in November and I'm coming from NY too. We are doing the 2 day precruise package. Good to know we can get off the ship and leave our bags.

I wanted to know did the flight feel really long? I never flew more than 5hrs. My DH wants to stop in L.A over night before and after the cruise. I was trying to convince him to go back home nonstop.

My second question is you mention you were able to buy water in the gift shop. Were you talking about the ship gift shop?

The flight wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. We had a 1 hour delay leaving from JFK - THAT was terrible! It may be worth getting extra comfort seats - that helped a bit. (I think it was $135 more pp) The 9 hour flight home was also delayed 1 hour - but since it is a red-eye it wasn't too bad. Most people slept. We watched tv (dh and dd25 watched 3 movies)

Yes - the ship's gift shop has a water fridge there - 5 bottles for $10 worked well for us. (we used our $100 obc we got per cabin to pay for it!!) They were really strict with searching bags, carryons, etc., and dumping any and all bottles before you went on the ship for embark, and at each and every port.

The flight wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. We had a 1 hour delay leaving from JFK - THAT was terrible! It may be worth getting extra comfort seats - that helped a bit. (I think it was $135 more pp) The 9 hour flight home was also delayed 1 hour - but since it is a red-eye it wasn't too bad. Most people slept. We watched tv (dh and dd25 watched 3 movies)

Yes - the ship's gift shop has a water fridge there - 5 bottles for $10 worked well for us. (we used our $100 obc we got per cabin to pay for it!!) They were really strict with searching bags, carryons, etc., and dumping any and all bottles before you went on the ship for embark, and at each and every port.

Oh great! Thank you I was looking at buying water for the room. I saw on NCL site it was $47 for a 12 pack case. [emoji15]

That's what I wanted to do a red eye home. I will try to convince him. Thanks again for sharing your trip experience.