Coast Hotel @ Long Beach, CA

Nanatravel

We booked the Park, Stay and Sail package at the Coast Hotel even though we did not have a car. I wanted to stay there, so did not want to chance bidding. Our package rate of $145 total included taxes for a King (all rooms are non-smoking) with marble bath, 8 nights parking and port shuttle both ways, buffet breakfast (which was $9.95 plus tax regularly per person) and all taxes. Our room was on the 4th floor in building 3 with a view of the garden area. This hotel was perfect accept for noise from folks getting off the open area elevator but that only lasted for a moment. Free shuttle bus into Long Beach including transfers to Shoreline Village and the Aquarium area was great stopping regularly just out front about every 15 minutes. The Parker Lighthouse restaurant was excellent for an early evening dinner for these East Coast travelers. Long Beach has really blossomed into a seaport destination over the last 20 years since we had been there. Reminds me of the Inner Harbor at Baltimore a little bit. We used Prime Shuttle to get to & from LAX.

We stayed at the Coast before our 10/22 cruise (Sapphire). We also thought it was a very nice hotel for pre-cruise. No free shuttle for us--we were going out of San Pedro so we had to take a taxi ($25).

I bid for this hotel and got it for $66+ taxes. If anyone needs additional info, just holler.

I am also staying at the Coast Hotel, I am hoping to find out if The Parker Lighthouse restaurant is in walking distance, we don't want to get the car out of parking if we don't have too...Thanks...

We stayed at the Coast last month - Parker's is not necessarily walking distance (across a small bridge and down the road a bit) but you can see it from the hotel. It's on the other side of the bay. But you can take the little free shuttles from the hotel (they pick you up right in the hotel parking lot and stop at a few of the main touristy spots (Aquarium, Queen Mary-which is walking distance from the hotel, Shoreline Village-which is where Parkers is, The Pike. There are lots of dining/entertainment spots very close by, they are just on the other side of the bay so you can see how far they are and guage (sp?) if you want to walk it, depending on time of day/weather, etc. If you are there on the weekend there is also the Aquabus and water taxi as an option. If you do decide to drive, it would take about 5 minutes (and most of that would be just getting back onto the main road cause the hotel is a bit hidden).

Any other questions, just ask....

We stayed at the Coast last month - Parker's is not necessarily walking distance (across a small bridge and down the road a bit) but you can see it from the hotel. It's on the other side of the bay. ....
Hi - would you say it was more or less than a mile to walk to Parkers please???

Also - you may want to check out these threads too which gives loads of useful info about the Coast and surrounding areas: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=239659

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=246482

Hi - would you say it was more or less than a mile to walk to Parkers please???

Also - you may want to check out these threads too which gives loads of useful info about the Coast and surrounding areas: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=239659

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=246482

I would say definately more than a mile but probably less than 2 miles due to the round-about way you have to go. They are across the bay from each other so you wind around a side road of the hotel to get to the main road. Then across a small freeway type bridge (that does have a bike/walking trail) that crosses the bay. Then you can walk along the wonderful bike trail they have that parellels with the bay straight to Parkers - but it is kind of a winding walk.

Hope this helps

Hi, for those of you that will be coming to Long Beach by Feb. 2006. They just opened a Marilyn Monroe exhibit at the Queen Mary today. All sorts of personal items , photos and collections. If some of you are film fans and would enjoy this , it is something you might consider.

Cori

Meadow, my Carnival Pride review should be posted soon by the site editors. We got the 10:40 a.m. (actually boarded @ 10:30 a.m.) shuttle to check-in our luggage and do the pre-boarding at the Queeen Mary. Along went smoothly until the "wait". This seems to be the rule rather than the exception lately for the boarding on the Pride. Embarkation did not start even for the wedding parties until 1:30 p.m., so the wait was long, outside and in the sun light thank goodness. I would hate to be waiting in inclement weather. The lines entwine and there is little direction by Carnival staff.

Bon Voyage

Archived