Jewel of the sea or Adventure of the sea for New Years Eve 2018

We just got back from the liberty of the seas Dec 26th cruise. We celebrated New years on the boat. We absolutely loved it and have decided we want to be on a cruise every new years.eve. So we booked Adventure of the Sea leaving Dec 30. After I did some research I realized they have a smaller boat Jewel of the sea leaving on Dec 31st. We kind of lIke the idea of a smaller boat as it is just my partner and myself....both of us 50 ish. So....should we switch to the jewel of the sea? Has anone been on the jewel of the sea....leaving from San Juan on New Years eve? I know boarding is around one so we would have plenty of time to settle in and get dressed up....not sure if this cruise will do formal night on the first night but most cruises do formal night on New Years Eve. I'm worried with the muster drill and late sail away of 8:30 , that it will not be as relaxing or as festive. I read somewhere that the boat usually stays close so that the passengers can see the fireworks from San Jaun. We like to dress up...so would it be formal night? Or should we just stick with Adventure of the sea that leaves on the 30th. Sorry for the long post but we are new to cruising and we Love it....just need so advice and tips. Thanks in advance, Dawn

Adventure of the Seas all the way! We love the Adventure. But I'm sure Jewel is nice as well. We were on Serenade which is her sister. Either way, you can't go wrong!! :D Yay for cruising every year! My hubby and I decided that we were going to cruise every January while on the beach in St. Kitts last year :D Might as well just add it as a line item on the budget!!

Great advice! It confirms what we were thinking. Experiencing the smaller ship. We wouldn't use the water slides, Flo rider or ice skating rink. My daughter and I did on the liberty but only because she didn't want to go alone.

My only concern is boarding on New Years Eve. What can we expect on New Years Eve with a sail away at 8:30. We picked a cruise strictly based on New Years Eve. We also had the choice of the ...I believe Oasis, but they didn't have as many ports. Thanks for everyones response. I do think we would love the Jewel and my gut feeling is to switch. Hopefully I will hear from a fellow cruiser who has experienced boarding on New Years Eve.